ACST - Acasti Pharma, Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by T0rm3nted, Jan 18, 2017.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Acasti Pharma Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in developing, clinically studying and marketing new pharmaceutical products to treat human cardiovascular conditions. The Company is involved in the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical applications of its licensed rights for cardiovascular diseases. The Company's prescription drug candidate is CaPre, which is being developed for the treatment of severe hypertriglyceridemia and eventually mild to moderate hypertriglyceridemia. The Company's ONEMIA has a natural health product status in Canada, and it is commercialized as a medical food in the United States. Onemia is a purified omega-3 phospholipids concentrate derived from krill oil with lower levels of phospholipids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) content than CaPre.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Been watching/making some small trades on this one for awhile now. Could have sworn I'd posted on it before and had a thread. Oh well. Sitting at some pretty strong support right here. Bounced off it MULTIPLE times, only dropping below once and recovering shortly thereafter. This one loves to have BIG bounces but sell-off shortly after. Might give it another shot in the next few days if I can get it a few cents cheaper. First time recently that I played this was when I bought on 11/28 (the day before the first blue circle below). Unfortunately I was not around during the part of the day where it went WAY up, but I was still able to make a good amount.

upload_2017-1-18_14-44-2.png

twerpner likes this.
  3. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

@T0rm3nted looks like this gaped up today. Nice TA on this one, worked out just as you thought

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately missed my entry a day or two ago. Damn :(

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

As usual, this dropped off the cliff after the enormous move up. Now it's mostly a long candle wick, way off the day's highs.

upload_2017-1-23_10-5-50.png

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Headed back down, will try to play it again around $1.20 and will wait for the next pop. This support line has held pretty damn well.

upload_2017-1-25_11-6-56.png

7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Getting close to another good buying opportunity on this one. I've caught quite a few of these big bounces in the last couple months and it's held support at $1.20 every time but one, where it didn't drop too much lower. I'll be trying to enter this today or tomorrow if it goes below $1.25.

upload_2017-2-9_13-5-9.png

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately bounced today up over 3%. Was hoping for an entry around $1.20ish. Looks like I'll have to keep waiting.

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Just got in at $1.20, playing the bounce that I've posted in here multiple times. It's bounced off 5-6 times and only fallen through once, but returned a few days later. Great support here, and has notoriously had quite a few real big spikes regularly. Just gotta be ready to sell them quickly when they happen, because they give it back real quick.

upload_2017-2-27_8-38-48.png

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Closed my position at $1.30 for a >7% gain in a couple weeks. Will hop back in when it gets back to $1.20 support again. Was hoping for a much bigger bounce, but the slow grind up wasn't what I like in this stock, I was hoping for one of those big candle wicks that I've circled in many of the pictures above.

11. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

Looks like it bounced again just a few weeks late this time. I've been watching this one since you brought it up, and took a stab last time it fell below 1.20. Been selling it slowly since it hit 1.40 a few weeks back and dumped the rest today. Couldn't have done it without you. :D Appreciate it!

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Congrats man! Just keep waiting for that $1.20 threshold, then buy, and wait for a bounce! One of the easiest, most predictable trades that I've played lately.

twerpner likes this.
  13. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Just waiting for this to get back down to ~$1.20. Will keep playing these big bounces until the strategy falls apart.

upload_2017-5-9_9-49-58.png

14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Might be able to pull the trigger on this one again soon, hopefully this coming week:

upload_2017-5-27_9-6-2.png

15. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Had a little bump a few days ago, but getting back down towards buying territory again. Looking for $1.20-$1.23ish then will play for another bounce like the ones circled in blue.

upload_2017-6-16_9-56-22.png

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I quit watching this one for awhile and missed this a little over a week ago... The sad part is that I would have got in on 11/8 if I had continued watching as it finally got back down to almost $1.20 ($1.21 to be exact) and I had a limit order there just waiting for quite some time. And then as I posted many times before (see above), I would have sold on the first big bump up like all those blue circles I drew in the charts above. Would have been easily at least 100% gainer in just 12 days... oh well.

upload_2017-11-29_0-37-53.png

17. Bigeguy02

Bigeguy02 New Member

Investors might want to bet on Acasti Pharma (ACST), as it has been recently upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy). An upward trend in earnings estimates -- one of the most powerful forces impacting stock prices -- has triggered this rating change.

Therefore, the Zacks rating upgrade for Acasti basically reflects positivity about its earnings outlook that could translate into buying pressure and an increase in its stock price.
    For the fiscal year ending March 2021, this biopharmaceutical company is expected to earn -$0.19 per share, which is a change of 17.4% from the year-ago reported number.

Analysts have been steadily raising their estimates for Acasti. Over the past three months, the Zacks Consensus Estimate for the company has increased 7.5%.