AMD - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

AMD VEGA with RYZEN CPU running Star Wars Battlefront at 4K Ultra 60FPS at CES 2017

We are still waiting for AMD’s VEGA unveil on 5th January, but in the meantime at CES a demo showcasing Star Wars Battlefront running at 4K resolutions with Ultra setting which is powered by a VEGA GPU combine with an 8 core 16 thread RYZEN CPU clocked at 3.4 GHz. As we can see the game is running a stable 60FPS with V-Sync on, sadly because of V-Sync we cannot see how much FPS this VEGA GPU can achieve, still it also tells us that this VEGA GPU full capable running the game 60+ FPS without any drop. Because with V-Sync if the game even drops 1-2 FPS like 59FPS it should drop to 30FPS as V-Sync working. But in the Demo, the game didn’t drop any FPS. Which is very existing.

upload_2017-1-4_10-1-25.png

upload_2017-1-4_10-1-39.png

Link: https://teckknow.com/amd-vega-ryzen-cpu-running-star-wars-battlefront-4k-ultra-60fps-ces-2017/

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Battlefront at 60fps?

bah!

Let me see Star Citizen at 60fps!

3. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

leonx81 and T0rm3nted like this.
  4. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

BB setup I am using is squeezing - move is coming, but which way?

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If the last 8 months or so is any indication, probably up ;)

6. Tiptopptrader

As far a BB pop from tightening of the bands you want to see more like what I highlighted that is a prelude to a pop. That is not saying we might still see one in the near term from all the probable catalyst's on the table. AMD has been trading under pressure recently because of the NVDA fallout.As I wrote on the NVDA thread yesterday there is supposed to be some big news from CES that could cause a squeeze. If not AMD has there own wares to showoff starting tomorrow.

upload_2017-1-4_11-11-53.png

Attached Files:

7. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

TTT I'm using different BB settings.

Edit: I've been buying JAN18 $15 Calls during these dips as well as $17. Short term is in pullback mode - still bullish longterm.

#1407 AverageJoesTrades, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  8. Tiptopptrader

No problem Joe, I use a 9-day SMA on a daily 3 month chart

9. Tiptopptrader

Considering the markets, the Semi's and the NVDA drop, AMD holding up relatively well.

upload_2017-1-5_9-54-26.png

10. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Everyone is crossing their fingers for $12, let's be realistic. 11.75. $12 is maybe a week away. After ER it will shoot above 12

11. leonx81

T0rm3nted likes this.
  12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Ryzen is the new hotness
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3155...rclocking-crossfire-lineup-info-and-more.html

New AMD Ryzen details revealed: Overclocking, CrossFire, lineup info, and more

AMD may have just launched over30 AM4 motherboards and Ryzen PCsto pave the way for its highly anticipated new processor, but it turns out, that was just a taste. During a private meeting with AMD today representatives revealed several new juicy details about Ryzen, including what to expect from the chip family and launch, and a clue as to when the launch will actually be—or at least when itwon’tbe.

First, and most importantly: When Ryzen launches it won’t be limited to the high-end 8-core, 16-thread model AMD’s been showing in all its demos. AMD product manager Jim Prior tells me that Ryzen will be a complete stack of chips at release, though he declined to go into further details. Furthermore, each and every AM4 motherboard, cooler, and PC that AMD announced last night will be available from day one.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  13. Tiptopptrader

The rubber meets the road on the 17th

upload_2017-1-9_9-42-53.png

FastEddy and T0rm3nted like this.
  14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Just in time to collect on good earnings + guidance jump and then get out in time for the inauguration so I can get back in after the dip!

15. Pouie

Pouie Member

Could you elaborate for me? I'm new at this and google didn't help me understand your post. :) Inauguration of what? When will the dip be?

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Trump will be officially taking office on the 20th (inauguration of Trump into office). I personally believe that the market will be extremely volatile and I'm fairly negative about the market outlook for the last half of this month. It's just my opinion, but I'm HOPING to have an earnings beat, sell and take my profits the next day or two, and then attempt to buy back in after I assume the market will drop in the next few days.

I could be way off, but that's my plan as of right now.

17. Tiptopptrader

CyberPowerPC's $499 Oculus-ready AMD PC is now available
    Three months ago AMD and CyberPowerPC announced a joint collaboration that would have the latter build an Oculus-ready gaming PC around the former's hardware, and sell it for $499 when purchasing a Rift headset at the same time. If you've been waiting for that relatively low-cost PC to appear, it is now available.

"Today AMD, Oculus, and CyberPowerPC are delivering on the promise made at Oculus Connect 3 with the immediate availability of the Gamer Ultra VR Desktop PC. Affordable VR gaming is now a reality thanks to a wildly low $499 price tag when bundled with an Oculus Rift through our retail partners Best Buy and Amazon.com," AMD stated in a blog post
    Read more: http://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpowerpcs-499-oculus-ready-amd-pc-is-now-available/

T0rm3nted likes this.
  18. leonx81

19. leonx81

20. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$AMD Trump will speak. The people will digest what he said. They will be happy. Market will soar. Everybody be happy. cept shorts.