Any Thoughts on Investment Possibilities in Eastern Europe?

Discussion in 'International Stock Markets' started by Clair, May 11, 2016.

1. Clair

Clair Active Member

So I came across this cool company named Global Auto Trade Group (GATG) that is about to step into international markets. They have a chain of ‘’one-stop-shop’’ services all around Moldova (it is a Moldovan company) and from what I managed to find on them, they’re considered to be among the best out there. They repair cars and occasionally sell spare parts and accessories. So here’s what I think:

- These guys already have a strong position with a substantial market share which makes them good in my book.

- More-than-average customer base of over 20.000 clients (as they claim). Some of them are corporate and government clients.

- They are planning to pay dividends 6-10%

Any thoughts on this one? Any other Eastern Europe companies that you think might be a good idea to invest into?

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Clair Underwood is looking to invest in Easter Europe!

3. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Beware of a company offering high divi's unless it is fundamentally strong company.

4. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

[​IMG]

The investment seeks investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the total return performance of the S&P European Emerging Capped BMI Index. The fund generally invests substantially all, but at least 80%, of its total assets in the securities comprising the index or in American Depositary Receipts ("ADRs") or Global Depositary Receipts ("GDRs") based on securities comprising the index. The index is a market capitalization weighted index designed to define and measure the investable universe of publicly traded companies domiciled in emerging European markets. The fund is non-diversified.

Maybe take a look at this ETF if you are interested in some exposure of Eastern Europe.

5. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

hi Clair first welcome aboard
    I did a bit DD on that GATS I can't find more fundamental/balance sheets but you from there know more then us...
    IMo 20K customers doesn't seems to do a lot if you think that those customers don't buy new cars every years
    and a 6-10% dividend I agree with Tiptopptrader beware of those high div...
    http://www.globalautotg.com/en/the-first-moldovan-company-on-an-international-capital-market-ipo/

btw come to trade here IMO you most likely to find more winners then there :)take it from me I am Italian and here is $$$$$ land :D:D

6. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Well, I could assume that such high dividents might be due to a company being quite new and trying to get initial traction. So overall this may turn up to be a decent stock pick. But notice how many assumptions there are :)