AVXS - AveXis, Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by T0rm3nted, Oct 23, 2016.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    AveXis, Inc. (AVXS), formerly Biolife Cell Bank, Inc., is a clinical-stage gene therapy company. The Company operates through developing and commercializing gene therapy treatments for patients suffering from neurological genetic diseases segment. The Company's product candidate, AVXS-101, is its gene therapy product candidate that is in a Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) Type 1, which is a genetic disorder characterized by motor neuron loss and associated muscle deterioration. The survival motor neuron (SMN) is a protein for normal motor neuron signaling and function. Patients with SMA Type 1 either carry a mutation in their SMN1 gene or their SMN1 genes have been deleted. AVXS-101 is designed to deliver a functional human SMN gene into the nuclei of motor neurons that then generates an increase in SMN protein levels. It also focuses to develop AVXS-101 to treat additional SMA types and other treatments for rare neurological genetic diseases.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Analyst Upgrade/Downgrade Update

Brokerage firm:
    BofA/Merrill
    Change: Coverage Initiated
    Previous Rating: N/A
    Current Rating: Buy
    Previous Price Target: N/A
    Current Price Target: N/A

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Analyst Upgrade/Downgrade Update

Brokerage firm:
    Stifel
    Change: Coverage Initiated
    Previous Rating: N/A
    Current Rating: Hold
    Previous Price Target: N/A
    Current Price Target: $65

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

So what do you all think? Gap fill down to $50, or bounce off $55?

upload_2016-11-29_1-42-48.png

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Took a shot on this one today, entered in at $55.88. Gonna try to play the bounce. Got a fairly tight stop if it tries to gap fill. Risk/reward is pretty big as long as it doesn't gap straight down. Hoping for a quick run up to $70. I'm not opposed to just taking some quick profits if the chart starts to tell another story. Already up 1.90%.

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Could have sold this a couple days after entry at over 7% gain, but I held it too long and it dipped big yesterday. Still above where I bought in, but regretting not taking profit. See highlighted texted in my original post. Didn't listen to myself.

My target is still $70-$71 if it heads up a little slower. If it takes off quick again and I can get a real quick 5-7%, I might just take it next time.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Recovered after the dip earlier in the week and closed above the 50MA the last few days. Gotta watch this one closely as it could gap down real quick. It's pretty volatile. No news on this one in the last 24 hours.

upload_2016-12-9_15-41-32.png

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Continuing to be extremely unpredictable. When I woke up this morning, it was in the $57's, closed much lower. This is a little too volatile and unpredictable for me, so I'm going to look for an exit this week. It seems like if the stock is down in the morning, it will close up. If it's up in the morning, it will close down. Just how it's seemed to me the last couple weeks. Closed just under the 50MA today, so we'll have to see if it bounces tomorrow.

upload_2016-12-13_0-51-5.png

Jittery Behavior Spotted as Stock Reaches Most Volatile List: AveXis, Inc.
    Source: http://www.engelwooddaily.com/jitte...es-most-volatile-list-avexis-inc-avxs/915826/

11. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Finally cut the cord on my small gamble trade on this one. Closed my position at $49.01 for roughly 12% loss. This is why I stick with small positions on my gamble plays, and should have stuck with my trading plan. Said that ifor it didn't bounce around $54-$55 it would gap down under $50, and so it did.