DIS - The Walt Disney Company

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I'm actually quite skeptical about Pirates. Hopefully Depp can squeeze some more juice out of the captain.

2. Clair

Clair Active Member

I think the fourth movie sucked because it was just Jack. As entertaining as he is, there needs to be other familiar characters, too. The new one will have Will Turner back, and the new villain seems cool. Disney got it right.

3. Clair

Clair Active Member

Why Disney Should Begin To Get Concerned About Time Warner's TV Superhero Success

When it comes to superhero movies, there is little doubt Disney has the market cornered. Yet when it comes to TV, the house the Mouse built has seen its share of problems. To put it in comic-books terms traditional TV has become Disney's kryptonite.

Full Article

4. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Sounds great! I need some Pirates OST in my life.

Clair likes this.
  5. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

6. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$DIS in at 91, out at 106.15. Still have a pos, just nice to have some extra Christmas cash. Keep going Mickey.

7. Clair

Clair Active Member

'Rogue One' could be Disney's fourth billion-dollar film of 2016

"Rogue One" jumped at lightspeed at the box office over the weekend, putting Disney in position to potentially become the first studio with four billion-dollar films in one year.

Full article on YahooNews

You guys think they can make it?

8. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Rogue One was brilliant. I thought Abrams did better job with space battles in episode 7 but overall it was a great spin off.

Clair likes this.
  9. Clair

Clair Active Member

It felt a bit generic, but I liked it anyway.

I like that StarWars have gotten darker and more mature and feel less of a fairytale for teenagers.

Also, the last 30 seconds is the best part of the movie!

blypelako likes this.
  10. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I decided to re-watch all other episodes after it haha.

11. Clair

Clair Active Member

I also decided to rewatch... but only the third one. I really loved it 10 years ago. Watching it now felt like a cringe fest, I couldn't even make it to the end. It's just so bad.

12. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Disney CFO: Profit pressures in 2017 from high program costs
    • Facing tough comps in its film business in 2017, Walt Disney will also see profits dinged by higher programming costs, according to its chief financial officer.
    • Speaking at Citi's Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference, CFO Christine McCarthy says programming costs that are expected to grow by 8% will crimp results. Web TV services are seeing demand from customers, but they're not a substitute for over-the-air, she says.
    • The company plans just seven films this year vs. 12 that it released in a record-breaking 2016, resulting in a tough comparison for the studio. But she's "encouraged" by 2018, when the company again plans an 11-film slate.
    • The Parks & Resorts business is continuing to grow, she says, and nothing has changed in the company's M&A strategy.

Clair likes this.
  13. heyimsnuffles

heyimsnuffles Active Member

14. AnthonyJackson

AnthonyJackson New Member

Walt Disney Co (NYSE:DIS) has been on a one way track north, and is showing no signs of letting up. The stock closed at $108.98 on Friday but is likely going to trade much higher in the next week or two. The stock chart signals upside to $115.00 before it slams into major resistance. The resistance level is clearly shown in the stock chart below and is found by connecting two sets of major pivot points. When the lines are extended, they both merge at $115.00, giving pro investors and traders a great short trade level. Investors that are long should think about taking profits at $115, even if they choose not to go short. However, most pros will jump on this short level for great profits.

[​IMG]

T0rm3nted likes this.
  15. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I thought it was the best episode of the prequel ones.

16. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

17. Clair

Clair Active Member

Meanwhile Goldman Sachs upgrades the stock status to a buy from hold and sets up a new target: $134.

18. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

People are tunnel visioning too much on ESPN and ignore other stuff. DIS is solid.

19. michaelbronislav

michaelbronislav New Member

The fact that Wall Street is on Disney’s side of the bargain should be enough encourage to investors. with the company still growing earning per share at double-digit rates, combined with more than $13 billion in cash flow, analysts are in agreement that the risk versus reward when it comes to investing in Disney is now more favorable.

Here is the full article: What to expect from the Magic of Disney

20. Clair

Clair Active Member

I couldn't agree more. Their movie line-up for 2017 is great (2018 is even better) and theme parks are doing fine.

I'm glad I bought at $90s.