ES.v - Eight Solutions

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by Deepglue, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Deepglue

Deepglue Member

I am not a gamer. Only video game I ever got good at was Xevious...back awhile. Watched a few family members get addicted to Final Fantasy and now grand kids into new stuff.
    I got in a month or so ago at $.17.
    Point is Eight Solutions got serious game!
    Check out their peoples. You might agree.
    [​IMG]
    Eight Solutions Inc is engaged in developing 3D conversion software and cloud-based data management and analytic software.
    http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?newsid=4572340650736016&qm_symbol=ES

2. Kayakfan

Kayakfan New Member

After half a year without any input in this thread, I would like to get it back to live.

I'm a long term sharholder in this company and although it didn't pay off so far as I was way too earlier looking at the chart, I'm still optimistic about the future prospects of the company and especially at todays market cap. It took the team around CEO Rory Armes (former Electronic Arts GM an Cofounder Radical Entertainment) pretty long to get their cumul8 big data and data visualization software into action andfirst customers. It looks like with forestry and it's sawmills they've found their first niche. After a year of customizing and hard work there are 4 mills equipped with cumul8 today. According to the latest CEO update more mills are following.

With the licensed 3D conversion sofware and corresponding royalties Eight at least can show some baseload revenue. But to break even, they now have to proof, that they are able to generate substantial sales.

Latest CEO update: http://www.eightsolutions.com/investors/58598830ff43c5a7715514d3

- Symbol: V.ES
    - current market cap 2016-12-21: CAD 6.48M
    - shares: 53.86M
    - Freefloat 41,996,886
    - Revenue for the three months ended September 30, 2016 was $637,419 ($0.02 basic and diluted loss per share)
    - For the nine months ended September 30, 2016 the Company reported revenue of $2,840,152
    - Net loss attributable to the shareholders of the Company for the nine months ended September 30, 2016 was $86,160

Feel free to enter the discussion

3. Epicram

Epicram Member

If you are long term investor, then you should keep this stock in your watchlist.

Kayakfan likes this.
  4. hollyhunter

hollyhunter Member

Kayakfan likes this.
  5. kthanx

kthanx Member

I have read some of the corporate updates for this website. My issue is the lack of time and continuous delays in monetizing the technology. The stock price seems to be in steady decline until the company can generate significant interest in their technology.

This one is speculative at best. That being said, I may try to gain some exposure at the .10 or .105 mark.

Kayakfan likes this.
  6. Kayakfan

Kayakfan New Member

That's completely right, kthanx. Due to continuous delays in monetization, we are looking at the price at it is today. But latest sales news are encouraging. With more mills connected, it will be easier to get new contracts and get some scale effects. I'm optimistic that Eight will now be able to reap the fruit of their labor and we'll see a turnaround this year. Good luck collecting at the .10 or .105 level, it may be a good bet.

7. Kayakfan

Kayakfan New Member

Cumul8 Team twittered...

Getting the latest update from our CEO! Some really amazing work coming up soon!

[​IMG]

8. Kayakfan

Kayakfan New Member

3D assets sold to Prime Focus
    Last week Eight Solutions announced the sale of their 3D software solution to Prime Focus. Prime Focus is already using the licence and will now take over the whole 3D package in a $5m deal. News release: business update

According to CEO Rory Armes,
    "This transaction also allows us to execute on our big data platform plan while minimizing shareholder dilution through an alternative equity transaction, thus enhancing overall shareholder value"

The money should be sufficient to replace the bank loans and offer working capital to capitalize on the Cumul8 big data asset and persue new deals.

That's good news as I see it as it enables the company to concentrate on the monetarization of their Cumul8 Big Data assets.
    From my POV a good entry point right now between 0,095 and 0,13 CAD on the gamble that their Big Data Solution will finally lift of and get some traction on sales side...

This may finally be the turning point for this small tech company. Of course assuming the management and sales team will perform in penetrating the forestry industry and expand their software solution into new target areas...