Hello HSM members and guests! Welcome to the new improved site!

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by StockJock-e, Apr 4, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The most popular stock market forum is here!

Traders and investors, welcome to Stockaholics.net!

2. ArrangingStars

ArrangingStars New Member

The new website looks great, love the video! Hilarious as always.

StockJock-e likes this.
  3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

My worlds can not mix!

Now Im all confused! :D

4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Excellent video SJ-e! Really nice analogy there with the new car smell! Love it!! [​IMG] As you said Huddler really made it close to impossible for us to import the old HSM database into this platform, not because of the DB size or anything but because the Huddler platform is not publicly available for anyone to use like Xenforo or vBulletin is where you can just purchase the platform license and install on your server. Huddler is different like that. Thus, they will only provide you with the DB dump and nothing more! And they won't even tell you how you can go about transferring their DB to another platform! Piece of turds! :mad: So glad we are OFF Huddler!

This new platform is so many light years ahead of Huddler anyway ... and here we don't need to wait around for days (sometime even weeks) to get support from Huddler since we are in FULL control over the boards again. :cool:

I realize some are not going to be too thrilled over the idea of starting completely new again ... trust me I hear that -- I made over 10K posts on that old 12yr HSM database and it's gone. Well, not really, as SJ-e did clearly say in his video that the DB has been all backed up to date, but we just don't have any place to physically view right now. Once we can figure out how to actually port it on platform that is compatible with the Huddler database, then we should be able to get a read-only database.

But, truthfully (and perhaps I'm in the minority on this opinion here) but I am actually pretty happy with what we got here ... So, we lose 12yrs of data ... but I do feel having our members back at it here and posting actively is of the utmost importance IMHO. And, we got pretty much most of the "relevant" threads back up here anyway ... sure there isn't any posts in them, but why do we need to keep posts from say 2005? It's 2016 folks! We need new content here!

The old database was more trouble than not ... Again, maybe it's just me but I'm past the old database at this point and am pretty fine with this fresh new start. Sorry if it seems I coming across as selfish and only thinking of myself, but truthfully I'm not ... I just feel a new beginning with the threads and post with our same HSM family isn't as bad as it might initially come out to be.

Anyway, that was quite a mouthful there ... Thanks for all the hard work and efforts you put into this new site over the past few months @StockJock-e ! I can't say it enough but you have done an absolutely phenomenal job with this new site! It looks absolutely stunning and dare I say even more appealing that our old home HSM.

Let's get back to those pre-Huddler days again where it was absolutely rocking here! I look forward to getting things rolling in the weeks/months ahead! Lots of exciting things ahead here!

StockJock-e likes this.
  5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

10k posts?

Pshhhhh, I had what? 40k? Member since 2003?

Sometimes a fresh start is good!

After a few weeks of learning this new forum, I can tell you it is lightyears ahead of huddler in terms of flexibility.

This is all pretty much default settings we have here so far, Im excited to see where this can go!

Stockaholic likes this.
  6. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Good video SJ, but keep the day job :D Just kidding...You may have missed your calling. The more I use the new website the better I like it...bye bye HSM, hello Stockaholics

Stockaholic likes this.
  7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Let it be known that I did not pay him to say that. lol

Also, Tiptop here was one of our earliest members from over a decade ago!

8. Deepglue

Deepglue Member

Really like the live charts.:D

StockJock-e likes this.
  9. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Hello world! I was quite new on the HSM, and I'm excited with the new one, nice design and features.

StockJock-e likes this.
  10. Z-OldEurope

Z-OldEurope Active Member

Well well.. Wasn't here the last two weeks then checked in today and...

:eek:

I really thought first the HMS was hijacked by a new fancy website, buuut then wait a moment they..
    The new fancy website IS the Old HSM !!

So, cool ! The old data base is gone (at the moment) we say Thanks to Huddler, nice strategy to gain
    more new customers, a disaster, but at the other side it is like it is. So what to do.

Back again with the Old Name, and looking forward for the next 10 great years (or more) on this forum
    with my American friends, who will soon have a new (Male) President. o_O

Luck and success to all involved and congs to SJ.

Sincerely

The Zzz.

Zaysev and StockJock-e like this.
  11. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Just gotta say the move into Stockaholics.net up to this point (I mean we're only day #2 here) has gone pretty doggone smooth IMHO considering the fresh start! I see just about all of our actives on HSM have successfully made it over to our new digs here ... even @inthemoneystocks made his way over here! :p Very nice and I'm glad to see most are cool with the fresh start, truthfully I wasn't really sure how everyone was going to feel about that. It's a shock to the system at first, but eventually you guys will hopefully see why this was necessary.

At the end of the day this is still the same old HSM community we've all come to love! Thanks to y'alls for making this the #1 community on the 'net! Seriously wouldn't be possible w/o you's! :)

Zaysev likes this.
  12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Yeah, we hijacked it!

OldFart and Z-OldEurope like this.
  13. Z-OldEurope

Btw.

Stoka

means in Serbian

Cattle.

:)

14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Did you call me cattle?

Is that some sort of compliment?

Thank you!

Z-OldEurope likes this.
  15. RileyR

RileyR New Member

'Tis pretty sick! Can't wait till i can get back to be active in the future.

StockJock-e likes this.
  16. Z-OldEurope

Wasn't my intention.. Sorry [​IMG]

17. Jonathan Brand

Jonathan Brand New Member

Woah! Where am I???

Tiptopptrader and StockJock-e like this.
  18. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Down the rabbit hole.

Jonathan Brand likes this.
  19. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I'd like to join the hype train and say that the new design is slick. Have been using the site for a few days already haha.

StockJock-e likes this.
  20. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Yeah, so much better!

;)