hitman trades and how I see the market

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by hitman, Jun 26, 2016.

1. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

@Ciao you are doing well and yes the object is to make $ but we have differently trading styles, trading options is a different animal and could be played in so many different ways, sometimes when I need a break from stocks I just trade options for income which is quite boring and brain dead monotonous work at times.

2. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

Hi Hitman where are you? maybe gone to spend the $$$$$
    came to see your latest doing :rolleyes: it need to update this :D
    anyway good luck wherever you are :):D

3. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

I was on holidays with my family and doing a lot of day trips from where we were based Mount.Ste Anne in Quebec. So trading was on the back burner until yesterday just before we were about to leave and I jumped all over EGLT.

4. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

nice Hitman :cool::)
    EGLT closed 7,62 A/H 9.70 +2.08 (27.30%) :eek::eek: lovely:):p

you are already replacing the $$$ you spend on holiday :D:D

5. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

2 earning trades taken today: DF (Dean Foods) in at $18.45 and REI(Ring Energy) in at $8.78 both are earning plays for 8 Aug AH reporting. I'm stalking some puts in GLD expiry 26 Aug - $127.50 @ $1.59/ct if GOLD close today below 1336. A few names to keep on radar EGLT, PTLA and PETX these 3 names have a date with the FDA this month. Disclosure I own PETX, sold out of EGLT will revisit before the meeting with FDA, PTLA.

6. Jiwon

Jiwon Member

Hey Hitman. Did you get out of DF? Almost bought but was too expensive. Looking into REI.

7. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Feeling some pain in DF but it's a name I'm willing to hold.

8. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

The shorts are going to feel some pain in MFRM.

9. Jiwon

Jiwon Member

Got in REI at 8.98. I'm riding with you Hitman :)
    Hopefully we make few $$$.

10. Jiwon

Jiwon Member

11. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Jiwon did you sell or holding cause I hope you traded REI?

12. Jiwon

Jiwon Member

still holding. Should i sell 1st thing tomm?

13. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Jiwon tell me a bit about your style…..are you trading or investing?

14. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

open a position in GLD calls strike $132.00 Sept:16 expiry just before the closing bell.

15. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Take over rumours FEYE and FSLR.

16. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Fellow traders be very cautious today and tomorrow(wednesday 14Sep )

17. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Get set for some volatility over the next weeks, followed with some panic which should lead to a sell off.

Stockaholic likes this.
  18. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Welcome back @hitman!

So, I'm feeling likewise here as well ... I'm just curious though (and hope you won't mind me asking you this) but is there one particular event that you're eyeing in the weeks ahead that you think might get the markets a bit edgy? Or you thinking it's just a combination of different things? I know we have an FOMC meeting announcement on the 2nd of November (albeit there is no Yellen presser), followed by NFP's a few days after ... but I guess the biggie of all (or wildcard if you will) being the U.S. presidential election that following week. Are there any other events in the weeks ahead that I might be missing besides the Q3 earnings reporting season which has just gotten underway. Truth be told -- I don't really follow global events as much as I think I should be as I know that can have a pretty profound impact (at least on the short-term) on U.S. markets. Cue the BREXIT vote back in late June for one.

Anyway, this should be a really interesting next couple of weeks ahead for sure ... great to see you back!

19. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

@Cy I'm still around just been very busy with my 2 kids on a daily basis 1 will be heading to University next year so visiting different Uni: to see which one will be the right fit for her is a pain the one I want her to go to which I'm bias to is off her radar cause she doesn't want to follow my foot steps too big of a boots to follow for that campus I guess, mind you she is looking at medicine (Anesthesiologist) and I didn't study medicine. #2 have a concussion and we had a few crazy experience with a teacher who I'm out to ruin cause of her remarks to my kid so with meetings with the principal and school board it's been a full plate last couple of months.

Housing was a disappointment just like I suspected (HD sales are down), DB is in very serious trouble it's barely hang on by a thread and this is from a friend who is in Japan who by the way is leaving DB in December (I wrote this somewhere that I'm short DB). Earnings probably will disappoint, Yellen seems to have no clue what to do anymore, tension is rising on the geo politically side, capital is moving on a global scale, the lead up to the US election is a huge huge farce and it is interesting to talk to Americans visiting Toronto and hear their take on things. The US election still have a lot more drama to go through it's just at the midway point and to me it's frightening to think of the outcome IMO it's going be chaotic. The biggie and frightening one is the games being played in Syria. I'm long GOLD and short DB disclaimer don't follow me.

Stockaholic likes this.
  20. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

It looks like sentiment is changing so we should see a directional change soon. What we have in the market is a big spring so tight due to all the political bull shit in the US of A, it will expand which direction one just have to be patient and look for the signs. Looks like volatility is picking up.

Stockaholic likes this.