Its Tesla autopilot safe?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by StockJock-e, Jul 7, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Telsa is getting a lot of negative press recently due to the first death fatal crash involving use of the autopilot.

This is the first fatality in over 130 million miles of autopilot use!

Technically you are supposed to keep your hands and feet on the controls, but we all know that is just legal hoopla. Nobody using autopilot is going to keeping their hands on the wheel, the entire point of autopilot is that you can go and answer your phone, have your coffee or send out that tweet.

What are you thoughts on the track record autopilot has had?

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I've heard that the auto-pilot is very questionable if the lines on the road are not painted clearly.

3. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

It is scary to see that many people are placing too much faith on the autopilot feature. It is imperfect when there is something wrong there could be not turning back.

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its still very impressive that this "new" technology has only had one fatality.

5. HedgeMonkey

HedgeMonkey New Member

Although Tesla probably is the future for cars, can't see them being something to invest in for a while. All they do is burn through cash. Capital expenditures going through the roof and they can't seem to meet production numbers consistently. On top of this, they have the autopilot concerns. Seems a little pricy to me.

StockJock-e and T0rm3nted like this.
  6. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

Elon Musk, SpaceX & Tesla joined President Elect Donald Trump's Board of Economic Advisors, the transition team announced Wednesday. Now self-driving cars is going to be safe for Musk under Trump's Board:)!

7. heyimsnuffles

heyimsnuffles Active Member

It will be successful. May be a little too early but it is close. All innovations have some hiccups. Granted life and death is a big hiccup So it better not happen again. Or "just keep your hands on the wheel"

I believe in it. Driverless Ubers too. Unfortunately because I enjoy driving Uber honestly just like i use Uber ALL THE TIME

8. Gambit

Gambit Active Member