JNPR - Juniper Networks

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, Apr 12, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Juniper Networks, Inc. designs, develops, and sells network products and services worldwide. It offers various routing products, including ACX series universal access routers to deploy new high-bandwidth services; MX series Ethernet routers that functions as a universal edge platform; M series edge routers; PTX series packet transport routers; T series routers; and NorthStar controllers. The company also provides various switching products comprising EX series Ethernet switches to address the access, aggregation, and core layer switching requirements of micro branch, branch office, and campus and data center environments; QFX series of core, spine, and top-of-rack data center switches; and OCX1100, an open networking switch. In addition, it offers security products, such as SRX series services gateways for the data centers; Branch SRX family that includes SRX300 Series and SRX1500, which provides integrated firewall capabilities; vSRX Virtual Firewall that delivers various features of physical firewalls; Spotlight Secure Threat Intelligence Platform, a threat intelligence platform that aggregates threat feeds from various sources; and Sky Advanced Threat Prevention, a cloud-based service for static and dynamic analysis. Further, the company offers Junos OS, a network operating system; Junos Space, a network management platform for creating network management applications that include network director, services activation director, security director, edge services director, service now, and service insight; and Contrail networking and cloud platform solutions. Additionally, it provides technical support and professional services, as well as education and training programs. The company sells its products through direct sales, distributors, value-added resellers, and original equipment manufacturer partners to end-users in the service provider and enterprise markets. Juniper Networks, Inc. was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.

[​IMG]

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Juniper Networks fell 9% to 22.66 soon after the opening bell. UBS downgraded Juniper to neutral and cut its price target to 25 from 31, saying the networking firm’s weak preliminary Q1 figures late Monday signals weak enterprise demand.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Longs should be interested at this longer term support here, but if this weak enterprise demand is going to be an ongoing factor, then watch out below if this moves below that red line!

[​IMG]

4. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Back in December I along with a couple of others were watching this stock and CSCO as a potential longer term play as a cloud/internet of things player with growth potential over the next couple of years. This article came out in December http://www.investing.com/news/technology-news/fbi-probes-breach-at-juniper-networks:-cnn-376827 and I immediately removed it from my watch list and warned the others to be very careful with this one. Reason? Their main revenue source is from enterprises that rely on them for secure routing and VPN equipment. I used to work in IT for a large financial company that used Juniper products. I recognized in this article that existing enterprise clients were going to be very disturbed with this news and would start a process to re-evaluate their current vendor and make a change. This process within an enterprise generally takes 6 months to go through or could be fast tracked to take about 3 months. So, I am not surprised by this. Presently CSCO would be a better one to play around with on the bullish side. I do not think Juniper is "going under" and they will bounce back but I do think breaking that red lower trend line above is a real possibility. It's a falling knife now but in the future this will be a very good value play once the knife sticks and a trend change becomes obvious.

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Reported after close today (7/26/16)
    Earnings: EPS $0.50 Revenue $1.22B
    Estimates: EPS $0.47 Revenue $1.19B

Down 1.32% after hours

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Reported after close today (10/25/16)
    Earnings: EPS $0.58 Revenue $1.29B
    Estimates: EPS $0.52 Revenue $1.25B

Up 7.29% after hours

7. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Nice pop this morning and back to the March highs here...

8. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Juniper beats Street 3Q forecasts

upload_2016-10-26_7-29-59.png

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Recent Insider Trading:

upload_2016-10-26_23-56-42.png
    upload_2016-10-26_23-56-56.png

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Recent Insider Trading:

upload_2016-10-29_13-38-34.png

upload_2016-10-29_13-38-54.png

11. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Recent Insider Trading:

upload_2016-11-5_15-11-26.png upload_2016-11-5_15-11-43.png

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Upcoming dividend information:

Ex-Div-Date
    : 11/29/16
    Payment Date: 12/22/16
    Dividend: $0.10
    Current Price: $26.35
    Annual Yield: 1.52%

13. Jack Levy

Jack Levy Well-Known Member

Just sharing my opinion - Even though fake call, company is still looking for BO opportunities. Don't be surprised if there's more drama.