New Member Not even from the US, already have some questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 11deanm, Jan 6, 2017.

1. 11deanm

11deanm New Member

Hey everyone, I am an Israeli-American looking to start in the Stock Market once I finish my service in the army. If anyone has any tips..such as how to find the best stocks, and how to receive the best alerts I would love to hear them. Also I want to know the best trading software that I should download or what companies, whether it may be Suretrade, etrade (even though its way to expensive) scottrade, td ameritrade. Just suggest something and I will look into it. Thanks so much and I cant wait to be a part of the community. Feel free to message me with answers if you have them.

Tiptopptrader and StockJock-e like this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Welcome to the boards!

The term "best stocks" is relative.

What is the best car?

It depends on what you are doing with it. It could be a truck if you live on a farm, or it could be a Ferrari if you live in the city and want to impress girls.

The best stocks depends on what you are trying to do, daytrading is very different from swing trading and long term investing.

We would need to establish that first.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums man! I think you'll find that ThinkOrSwim (through TD Ameritrade) is the best for research and technical analysis on charts for stocks. I'm sure you will learn a lot more from reading around on the forums.

Like @Gil Oren said, you will need to set some goals for yourself and determine what kind of trading you will be.

4. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard @11deanm. I would watch the boards for awhile and develop a feel for what the other traders are doing. Software? I use no software and do decently. Your Broker will usually provide the tools you need for analysis. Like in the military do it by the numbers til you get the hang of it. Good luck on your trading.

TTT

5. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member