Newbie on the scene

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Timbo, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Howdy all, I'm jus a Ole country dude that works a ton of hours.. Trying to prepare for the plunge into the market, in no rush though..

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Timbo and I wish well in your venture. You got the right approach not to be in a rush.

TTT

3. homosapienfromterra

homosapienfromterra Active Member

I am English but love the US markets, you have a cornucopia of information that we simply don't have back here in little old Blighty on our stocks.
    I have been interested in stocks and trading since I knee high to a grasshopper. Then one day I just stumbled on a book in the library about trading by a real trader and got really interested. Then I started on stock simulators, then I started following the business news and stock market news. On 1st March 2016 I started trading and built up my first portfolio, found out all the problems with my broker closed all my positions and closed my account, opened a new account and got a good slice of my money into the dollar before Brexit. At this stage I was still showing a decent profit, not bad aye for a mess up.
    I am average at everything which is unusual apparently, I work across disciplines, and take a quirky sometimes different spin on things. This is a huge life game for me and I am loving it.

Ciao (Sheppy) likes this.
  4. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

I have a friend that trades for a living, he hit it pretty big after the crash of 09.. He said he only trades options now. The only advice he would give me is not to rush into it and do some paper trades. He told me he got started on HSM, the Web search sent me here.. Also it's best to learn on your own otherwise your just following someone else..

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard Tinbox. Slow and steady wins the race. His advice to paper trading was good. That's where everyone should start. I'm sure you'll do well if you develop a strategy paper trading and can then stick to it when you get in for real. Good luck, and I hope to see you around the forums!

6. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Thanks and lol at TINBOX.. Been lookin at brokers and like optionshouse so far.. Not gonna rush into anything yet, but need to find a broker n get set up n funded.. Been doin some fake trades and getting a slight feel... Thanks everyone and glad I found the site...

7. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Welcome aboard @Timbo you landed on the right site ;)

This place is an absolute gold mine when it comes to learning the ropes of the markets. Lots of great content on here. I've been on a few community forums like these in my time, and I'll have to tell you nothing comes even close to the close-knit nature of this community here. The willingness of members helping others in need is pretty incredible. It's seriously one of the most welcoming communities I have ever been apart of. Everyone is so helpful. Lots of great knowledge and wisdom here too which is a pretty awesome combination IMO as I'm sure you'll find that out for yourself as well.

Anyway, hope to see you 'round the boards!

8. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Thanks.. No doubt, it's good to be here. I plan to read, learn and listen. That way I can find a system that works for me, never can tell who your rubbing elbows with... Already have some great links to work with, charts are my main goal. Learn to follow the trend... LoL, I'm already addicted, but in no hurry to trade.

9. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Learned a lot in a short time, went in knee deep and picked a few brains for advice.Took a few hard hits and paid my dues. I mostly play options with SPY being my favorite and daytrade a few dividend paying stocks with the goal being to recover my buy in amount and keep the profit in shares, building up a nice little stash of stocks.

10. Mitchell Eipper

Mitchell Eipper New Member

Hi everyone, my name is Mitchell Eipper. I am new to his forum.

11. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Welcome and thanks for bringing my intro thread back to life, this place has been awesome for me, you can look and find tons of useful info here from some top notch folks. One of the main things I like is the lack of pumpers flooding me w messages wanting me buy in on the next "to da moon stock." Nice ,clean forum here Gil and the crew do a great job.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  12. Ronzoil

Ronzoil Member

You should look at Tastyworks. They only charge one dollar per trade to open and nothing to close.

13. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

I'm good thanks. Found the broker I need and like.

14. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

@Timbo @Mitchell Eipper
    I took few months leave when you came in ,,,, so a belated welcome from me as well...
    hope by now you already found the best of this forum easy everywhere best info on the Webb :):)

15. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

No doubt, great clean site w some awesome people on board. Wonder if we could talk em into having some shirts made up "2x large for me" wink wink
    .I would be a buyer, think of it as FREE ADVERTISING... With pockets..

Ciao (Sheppy) likes this.