S - Sprint Corporation

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Congrat!

In since $3 but not quite to pull the trigger just yet but do have a GTC for 7.50 for 1/4 of my position

2. Tiptopptrader

3. Tiptopptrader

Quite the short squeeze today as S soared. Look at the volume. I still feel there is more to it than what I posted today...Stay tuned

upload_2016-11-9_21-7-36.png

4. Tiptopptrader

I took profits on 1/4 of my position @7.50 :)

upload_2016-11-14_12-44-39.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  5. Tiptopptrader

Glad I only sold 1/4 my shares, S still moving on up and set a new 52 Week high

upload_2016-11-15_11-34-52.png

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Congrats, do you have a next target for some more profit taking or playing it by ear?

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  7. Tiptopptrader

Thank you, Chris

Playing much by ear right now. There a lot of scenarios that could play out including a take over or a merge with the new administration but not banking on that.

Looking at the charts, $11 would be my long term price target and $9.50 in the mid term if all the blocks fall in place.

8. Tiptopptrader

S sets a new 52 week high on no news as it leads the Telecoms

upload_2016-11-25_7-35-28.png

9. Tiptopptrader

T-Mobile Price Target Hiked On M&A Outlook With Sprint, Comcast, Dish
    Sprint (S) merger with T-Mobile U.S. (TMUS) is more plausible under a Trump administration, says UBS, which hiked its price targets on Sprint and T-Mobile.
    A Sprint merger with T-Mobile is just one of many M&A scenarios, says UBS in a research report that also speculates that Verizon Communications (VZ) or Comcast (CMCSA) could acquire Sprint.

UBS analyst John Hodulik hiked his price target on T-Mobile stock, which is controlled by Germany's Deutsche Telekom (DTEGY), to 63 from 51. He hiked Sprint's PT to 9 from 7, while maintaining a neutral rating. Japan's SoftBank controls Sprint.
    "Our main question is the willingness of sellers to part with assets at reasonable prices given the number of potential buyers," said Hodulik in his report.
    "We believe T-Mobile could garner a multiple at the high-end given significant synergy opportunities and expectations of a more friendly regulatory approval process, which should increase the number of potential buyers," he said.
    http://www.investors.com/news/techn...hiked-on-ma-outlook-with-sprint-comcast-dish/

upload_2016-11-29_6-57-50.png

10. Tiptopptrader

This was an strange trading day for S. First it was down most of the day then it pops up over 6% to give back most of those gains. Possibly the buyout and Tmobile rumor is still afloat.

upload_2016-12-6_15-39-53.png

11. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I meant to ask this months ago @Tiptopptrader
    but is this an investment in Sprint being a good company, or purely on the company being acquired?

12. Tiptopptrader

The real play was years ago when it hit $11+ after Softbank acquired it years back.I owned it back then and got compensated some free shares in the deal.

Fast forward and S was originally a spec play for me when it was $3. There is a lot in this mix as they have been adding to their subscriber base and picking up some market share.. Softbank is pulling out all stops on their investment and they have deep pockets if they should acquire TMUS or it could be the other way around. Much depends on the Trump administration if they will let it happen. I never buy on rumors but I already own it so that would be an added bonus if the rumor should come true.

13. anotherdevilsadvocate

I've felt that T-Mobile was the better company, but S stock has really outperformed it.

14. Tiptopptrader

15. Tiptopptrader

Sprint to partner with Pokemon Go developer
    Sprint Corp said on Wednesday it would partner with the developer of Pokemon Go, Niantic Inc, in a bid to pull fans of the wildly popular location-based game into more than 10,500 of its stores in the United States.

Pokemon Go players can go to Sprint, Boost and Sprint at RadioShack locations to recharge phones, get data plans, collect in-game items, including Poke balls and eggs, and battle with their favorite characters.

The blockbuster game developed by Niantic, in which Japan's Nintendo Co has a large stake, uses augmented reality and GPS mapping to make animated characters appear in the real world. Players see creatures overlaid on the nearby landscape that they see through a mobile phone camera.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-partner-pokemon-developer-144140052.html

upload_2016-12-7_7-2-24.png

16. Tiptopptrader

I think this pop is more than the Pokemon deal. It most likely Softbanks move to clear the way for the buyout of T-Mobile. I originally was going to sell a slice @8.50 but now I am looking a little higher

upload_2016-12-7_7-57-22.png

17. Tiptopptrader

Ok here is the driver

Softbank-Trump Meeting Means Sprint/T-Mobile Is a Done Deal
    Softbank president Masayoshi Son walked out of President-Elect Trump's office with a big grin on his face this yesterday, which can only signify one thing for me: a Sprint/T-Mobile merger is a done deal.

Actual news stories don't want to say this, because Trump and Son didn't say it explicitly. According to the New York Times, Son "is projected" to spend half of his $100 billion "Vision" investment fund on tech companies in the US, where, the Times notes, he was already expected to spend a lot of money anyway.

You know what else would be a $50 billion investment, though? Buying T-Mobile, which Son has been trying to do for years. His proposed merger between Sprint and T-Mobile in 2014 got shot down by the Obama administration's Department of Justice on antitrust grounds, but Son said as late as this August that he was still hoping to get the deal done. In 2014, he offered $32 billion for T-Mobile, and it's worth more now thanks to John Legere's successful leadership. Wrap in a little bit of capital expenditure building 5G, and you have your $50 billion investment right

upload_2016-12-7_8-9-51.png

18. anotherdevilsadvocate

Looking at the chart, the way this has climbed it looks like a deal has been anticipated.

The danger now is if the deal fails.

If it does go through, I hope they keep T-Mobile's pink and black look.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  19. Tiptopptrader

Yep it would drop like a rock if the deal don't go through. I bought some $9 calls this morning expiring Dec 16th

20. Tiptopptrader

Now in striking distance of my $9 calls. Could see some profit taking first.

upload_2016-12-7_14-48-36.png