Snuffles' Trade Idea of the Week

Discussion in 'Investing' started by heyimsnuffles, Dec 18, 2016.

1. heyimsnuffles

heyimsnuffles Active Member

I am doing a FREE newsletter for anyone that is interested you can sign up on my website.

My ideas mostly will be longer swing plays I will be looking at and mainly on the LONG SIDE.

My first one was WFM, second one was PBPB, and this week is HDP.

If your interested. Sign Up.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

What criteria do you use to make these picks?

3. heyimsnuffles

Most of them are going to be growth stocks that will move. For instance I am likely never going to send out a Walmart or a Coca-cola in this idea. I want something that will move 10-30% in a trade.

I want something (usually) that trades over 750k shares per day. Something that has a tight range with a defined stop loss with at least a 1:3 RvR. All of these have been bottoming patterns, however I do not want to necessarily look for bottoming patterns all the time it is just many of the big time names are very extended.

I haven't really nailed down an exact "trading" criteria. I usually just scan a sh** ton of charts and see which ones I like or look good to me.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  4. heyimsnuffles

Here are some samples. Well the 3 I have done lol.

HDP - Hortonworks Inc. - Trade of the Week - 12.19.16 - http://eepurl.com/ct2b_b

PBPB- Potbelly Corporation - Trade of the Week - 12/12 - http://eepurl.com/cs56YT

WFM - Whole Foods - Trade of the Week - 12.05.16 - http://eepurl.com/csjhUf

5. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

So are you strictly technical analysis or do fundamentals play any role at all in your selections?

6. Rishi_at_Tiingo

Rishi_at_Tiingo Moderator, Stockaholics CBO, Quant Trader

Hi Snuffles, I can post them on my news feed if you'd like (link in sig). I will go through your material but it looks well-researched!

7. heyimsnuffles

Mostly Technical Analysis. I would say probably 70-30 Technical analysis. But I definitely take into account if the company is useful or liked by the average person.

For example I think that whole foods is very undervalued, I like the store. Every time I go in the store it is packed. It's trading 52% off its highs. Then I start to look at the technicals to see if I have reason to believe it is turning and there is an edge.

Whole Foods is also opening a store in Downtown Nashville too (Can't Wait).

I will try to incorporate some fundamental view in my trade idea as well. But mostly technical swings I would say.

8. heyimsnuffles

That would be awesome! I just started this so I think I will only get better as I go. And unfortunately we are so extended it's somewhat tough to find some good LONGS up here right now!

StockJock-e likes this.
  9. heyimsnuffles

$HDP trade triggered today. Up +4% Whoohoo!