Stockaholics Watch List

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by T0rm3nted, Jan 10, 2017.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Stockaholics Members Watch List

[​IMG]

Hi everyone. @bigbear0083 and I were talking and think it would be a cool idea to have a big database of stocks that everyone is watching. That would mean you could be invested in it, watching for entry, or just interested in it in general. This would make it easy for anyone to quickly see who is interested in a specific stock if they are posting about it. I, or anyone else, could then very easily post some information about a stock and see if I should tag anyone so they can get a notification that something has been posted about their stock (earnings, dividends, insider trading, anaylst upgrades, etc.). Obviously most people see that a thread has been posted in, but they don't see a lot of the more "generalized" threads that could have information on their stocks.

@bigbear0083 and I will keep a google spreadsheet updated with a list of stocks, and the people who are watching them. You can post in this thread all the stocks you are watching, and we will add you to the database. If you want to be removed from any stocks at any point, you can post your updates in here as well so we know.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I will start with my current watch list:

AMD, ATVI, AVP, WYNN, GME, AUMN, BPMC, BBD, UA, SID, CDTI, BAC, S, KMI, CX, BGFV, AMH, F

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  3. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

I'll take a shot at this. I am in some of these plays, and others waiting for entries.

Canadian MJ; APH, MT, OGI, ACB, CGC, SL, EMC

Everything else; AKS, RSX, ZAR (zargon on TSE), CRM, GM, FCX, MU, SBFG, OCN, GST, SFBC, SMID, SIEN, ATTU, INVE, O, HACK, CIBR

OldFart and T0rm3nted like this.
  4. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Mine is a mix of income and growth/value:
    BXMT
    CSIQ
    ETG
    HTD
    INTC
    MGM
    MO
    NEV
    NTIP
    O
    PCI
    SNH
    STAG
    VFL

OldFart and T0rm3nted like this.
  5. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Awesome. Thank you for creating this thread @T0rm3nted!

I have a feeling this thread will be quite useful for members here. It's this kind of stuff that'll draw people back to Stockaholics imo. I haven't personally seen any other stock community board that offers this kind of dedicated content for its members. @T0rm3nted has really done an absolutely phenomenal job with updating all the earnings, dividends, analyst up/downgrades, insider trading, ipo's, you name it! and on a daily basis!

Anyway, we'll have the spreadsheet up here for you guys very soon! I'm actually just now logging in for the first time this afternoon after experiencing some network issues for most of the day.

Keep those watch lists coming!

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Tech: AAPL, NVDA, GPRO, FIT, PFPT
    Commodity: CCJ, BHP, RIO, GDX
    Consumer Discretionary: JCP, GPS
    Healthcare: EXEL, WCG, UTHR, ARRY, TEVA

OldFart likes this.
  7. Z0da

Z0da Member

Great idea guys, just curious how it's going to work exactly. Will you be going to the database and manually tagging members for a specific stock or is it automated somehow?

Either way, please add me to:
    AMD
    MGM
    BAC
    CX
    SNE
    NOK
    UA/UAA

8. Stockaholic

@Z0da the master database spreadsheet is a work in progress atm ... but it's getting close.

In the meantime I went ahead and put together everyone's watch list in a live spreadsheet (which means everyone's list of stocks in their respective watch list updates in real-time during market hours ... no need for hitting a refresh button or anything)

You can view said spreadsheet by click the button below-
    [​IMG]

Here is what we have so far-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OldFart, Ken34 and twerpner like this.
  9. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

BEST IDEA EVER!! THUMBS UP!!

WOW cy that is freaking amazing, i bow down to you 2, to put in that much effort is amazing, thanks really for this.

OldFart likes this.
  10. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

im currently in:

AMD
    BAC
    OPK - long term hold
    T - long term hold

watching:
    XME
    FCX
    XBI
    GDX

OldFart likes this.
  11. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

To add to what @Cy McCaffrey mentioned, we're still working on this. Cy did a much better job setting it up than I would have! I was just honestly going to make a 2-column spreadsheet with the Ticker Symbol and then the 2nd column would have a list of the people watching it. I may still make that one in his spreadsheet so that I can just CTRL + F to find a ticker symbol when I'm posting about something, and get a much quicker list of the users on this site that are watching it.

If anyone has any suggestions, just let us know and we'll see what we can do!

OldFart likes this.
  12. Stockaholic

Here's my latest version of our members master watch list as of this morning. I completely revamped what I was working on last night as that version was a little cumbersome. This newest version basically has the 2 columns (ticker symbol/members watching) right next to each other, as well as all of the additional live real-time data to the right. Let me know what you guys think of this one.

These are all sorted by ticker symbol A-Z.

EDIT: Oops I forgot to add the link to the spreadsheet if you guys are interested to check out the full sheet-
    [​IMG] <-- Click there to open.

[​IMG]

OldFart likes this.
  13. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent @Cy McCaffrey! Great work! This will be extremely helpful.

OldFart likes this.
  14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I created individual stock threads for ALL of the stocks that we are all watching if they did not exist. Hopefully we can all create some discussion in them when we are watching them and/or have any thoughts on them. These are the kind of things that will bring more people to this site and keep them interested. We will also learn more as people see threads of discussion and start posting their thoughts/insights/analysis on those stocks as well. It really benefits us all. A perfect example is @Tiptopptrader who we all know is watching/invested in certain stocks, and we know he's an expert on them so when he posts, it intrigues us. Lots of people start posting in threads he's active in because he has regular thoughts on them. Hopefully we can all do the same.

If anybody else has any stocks they're watching, feel free to post them here!

OldFart likes this.
  15. Stockaholic

Anyone else for a watch list? As @T0rm3nted said if there's anything that you guys are actually invested in, or are just simply watching or have a general interest in, post your list in here and we'll get it added to our members watch list spreadsheet!

Also just gotta say but awesome thinking there in starting up all the stock threads that within the members watch lists here @T0rm3nted. You never cease to amaze. Great work!

[​IMG]

twerpner and T0rm3nted like this.
  16. Stockaholic

Might also be a good idea to post all of your new threads that you created in here as well @T0rm3nted for an easy one-stop shop access because they will fall off the top of the front/forums page at some point and some might miss 'em. Obviously they can all be found via a simple "search" but figured to put them all in here as well.

All of the follow thread links below are "clickable" and will take you to their respective discussion threads each.
    There are obviously others like AMD, BAC, etc. but those threads already exist.

Alexander Gray and T0rm3nted like this.
  17. Andre

Andre Active Member

I am currently in:
    AMD,
    BAC,
    CENX,
    AMRS

my watchlist:
    BBD, SID, CIG, ELP, CX, WPX, NUGT, DUST, MPEL, F, CHK, VUZI, GPL

#17 Andre, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    OldFart likes this.
  18. Stockaholic

If anyone's interested I'm going to be keeping that first spreadsheet that I had posted late last night in here as well. I figured we could have both of these running instead of just the master database spreadsheet.

The reason this one is nice is because you guys are all able to view at a glance everyone's watch list in one spot. You can see how everyone's stocks are performing in real-time in each respective members watch list.

These sheets are all live real-time data (during market hours of course)-
    [​IMG] <-- Click there to open.

Here are @Ken34 & @Andre watch lists.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andre and T0rm3nted like this.
  19. Andre

Andre Active Member

Thanks Cy!
    I made a typo, should be ELP instead of EPL.

20. Stockaholic

Adding my watch list in here as well. Hope everyone who frequents Stockaholics can get a chance to chime in here with their watch list. The more the merrier! ;)

[​IMG]