T - AT&T Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AT&T Inc. (T) is an American multinational telecommunications corporation, headquartered at Whitacre Tower in downtown Dallas, Texas. AT&T is the second largest provider of mobile telephone and the largest provider of fixed telephone in the United States, and also provides broadband subscription television services. AT&T is the third-largest company in Texas (the largest non-oil company, behind only ExxonMobil and ConocoPhillips, and also the largest Dallas company). As of May 2014, AT&T is the 23rd-largest company in the world as measured by a composite of revenues, profits, assets and market value, and the 16th-largest non-oil company. As of 2016, it is also the 18th-largest mobile telecom operator in the world, with over 128.6 million mobile customers.

AT&T was ranked #6 on the 2015 rankings of the world's most valuable brands published by Millward Brown Optimor.

AT&T Inc. began its existence as Southwestern Bell Corporation, one of seven Regional Bell Operating Companies (RBOC's) created in 1983 in the divestiture of the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (founded 1885, later AT&T Corp.) following the 1982 United States v. AT&T antitrust lawsuit. Southwestern Bell changed its name to SBC Communications Inc. in 1995. In 2005, SBC purchased former parent AT&T Corp. and took on its branding, with the merged entity naming itself AT&T Inc. and using the iconic AT&T Corp. logo and stock-trading symbol.

The current AT&T reconstitutes much of the former Bell System and includes ten of the original 22 Bell Operating Companies, along with the original long distance division.

2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

I bought into to T this morning. They have been on a uptrend and they just raised their dividend up to .48 per quarter for a 4.8% dividend yield. By getting in before the 8th I will get my first dividend on May 2nd. If it's good enough for Warren Buffet it's good enough for me

Warren Buffett has given his stamp of approval to AT&T, as it's part of his portfolio. The stock's high yield makes it one of Warren Buffett's highest-yielding holdings. By comparison, the S&P 500 Index stocks on average yield just 2%.

Last year AT&T grew revenue and adjusted earnings per share by 11% and 6% respectively. This is excellent growth for a telecom company. AT&T generated $15.9 billion of free cash flow in 2015, a 60% increase from the previous year, due mostly to its $49 billion acquisition of DirecTV.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Hitting the lower part of this big uptrend

T is probably one of the safest plays we have had over the past 6 months, and is that a 4.9% divi?

4. Tiptopptrader

5. Tiptopptrader

I expect a little bit of a run on T with the price target upgrade, futures up and this is the last day to get in, to lock in some good divi's

6. Tiptopptrader

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

T is a good divi stock, i just wish it was 10% cheaper!

8. Tiptopptrader

I was hoping it would go up 10%...after it pays me my div's of course

9. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

should have got in @$32 last year with me, lol. im holding this thing forever i dont care how much the stock goes down, as long as T stays fundamentally sound like a bond, ill just keep holding, that divi is too good. verizon and t mobile might have better growth, but T is so stable.

10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

As long as my cell phone bill is this crazy, they should be very profitable!

11. Tiptopptrader

I bought into T recently and I am finally positive in my long term position as it moves up the channel with the upper BB at 39.50. Not sure about now but last year T was rated as one 5 Defensive High-Yield Stocks to Survive a Sell-Off Carnage

upload_2016-4-19_19-33-5.png

AT&T's 1Q16 Earnings Are Coming: Will It Be a Solid Quarter?
    AT&T’s earnings in 1Q16
    AT&T (T) will report its 1Q16 results on April 26, 2016. In this series, we’ll take a look at the expectations for the company’s performance during the quarter. Specifically, we’ll look at some key operating and financial measures of the telecom company.

Wall Street analysts expect decent YoY (year-over-year) growth in AT&T’s earnings in 1Q16. Based on the Wall Street analyst consensus estimate, adjusted EPS (earnings per share) is expected to grow by ~9.8% YoY to ~$0.69 during the quarter. Earlier in 4Q15, AT&T’s adjusted EPS had increased by ~12.5% YoY.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-earnings-keep-momentum-1q16-013050074.html

12. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

This is another of my dividend stocks I've been holding for some time now. This is a rare 5% yield that is a member of the elite Dividend Aristocrats list made up of companies that have raised their dividend once per year for over 25 years. That is a pretty nice record that makes this a SWAN stock. (Sleep Well At Night)

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  13. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Same
    Same here. One of few stocks that I own AND use the services the company offers.

14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I keep getting offers from AT&T for internet service to go along with my DirecTV and phone, but they are not matching Time Warner, and Google Fiber is due to arrive soon!

15. Tiptopptrader

After being a long time customer of DirectTV I switched to Prism after 4 phone calls to customer service to correct my bill that was way out of line. So when the tech from Centurylink was doing the install I call DirectTv to cancel.

I got the sweetness girl on the phone that told me she could correct the mistake. I had to tell here it was to late now the guys is already installing Prism. Since AT&T took bought DirectTv the customer service has went down hill. Now I get these emails asking be to come back for a good deal...LOL

16. Tiptopptrader

Google Gets Beaten to the Punch by AT&T on Super-Fast Broadband
    Google Fiber has yet to bring its super-fast broadband service to the city of Atlanta. But Comcast Corp. and AT&T Inc. know it’s coming, and they’re offering the 1 gigabit Internet speed Google promised -- and signing up new customers.
    It’s been six years since Google announced it would lay a fiber network to compete with cable providers and telephone companies. Although it’s now in only four markets, competitors are lowering rates and building faster lines to keep customers from defecting to the technology giant. Because Google needs consumers to have robust Internet speed in order to sell more expensive ads on its search engine, that may be what it had in mind all along.
    “There’s a lot more bark than bite” behind Google’s strategy, said Roger Entner, an analyst with Recon Analytics LLC.

More
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-on-super-fast-broadband?cmpid=yhoo.headline

17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting. Hadn't thought of it that way before. Faster speeds = more ad revenue for Google, even if they're not the ones providing the higher speed internet. It's actually quite genius.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  18. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Google Fiber is the reason my Timewarner cable internet gave me 4x speed increase at no additional cost.

The bastards just had to flip a switch, I am still switching to Google Fiber when they arrive here just to spite TWC for holding back on me all these years.

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  19. Tiptopptrader

AT&T strengthens over-the-top services with Fullscreen
    As more telecommunications and cable companies become their own digital programmers, AT&T is also ramping up its efforts in over-the-top services.

Fullscreen Media is majority-owned by Otter Media. The company is a venture by AT&T and former News Corp. President Peter Chernin's outfit, The Chernin Group. It launched its digital video subscription service on Tuesday. The multichannel network's offerings range from licensed TV shows and movies aimed at the teen and young adult audience to original programs featuring digital stars, all for $4.99 a month.

"We think it's such a great complement to what we're doing on the traditional paid TV model with DirecTV, and we know that not all consumers are going to watch paid TV," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer of AT&T entertainment and internet services group. "We want to be where consumers want to be. We think the Fullscreen model is interesting and captivating, and gives a platform to young creators."

More
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/26/att-...adline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=103580274

20. Tiptopptrader

T down with TMUS earnings and T reports after the bell

AT&T and SunPower Collaborate on Solar IoT Connectivity in the United States

HANOVER, Germany, and SAN JOSE, Calif., April 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* and SunPower have entered into an agreement that brings Internet of Things (IoT) technology to SunPower's newest home energy solution — SunPower Equinox™. The companies will also collaborate on co-marketing efforts to offer a SunPower® home solar system to qualified AT&T customers this summer.

SunPower recently released its SunPower Equinox system to homeowners in the U.S. SunPower calculates that its solution delivers 70 percent more energy over 25 years with 70 percent fewer visible parts compared to conventional solar. Over the next two years, AT&T and SunPower expect to wirelessly connect at least 100,000 solar electric systems in the U.S. providing customers with reliable access to system performance through AT&T's IoT capabilities. The technology collaboration is designed to reduce onsite homeowner visits by allowing SunPower to wirelessly support solar power systems as needed and in near real-time.

"Our IoT solutions help customers remotely monitor cargo, homes, vehicles, containers and also —solar panels," said Mike Troiano, vice president, Internet of Things, AT&T. "Connectivity is changing how companies operate. We're thrilled SunPower chose us to give them near real-time insights into how their solar energy solutions are performing for their customers and the tools to help manage them remotely."

"Through this IoT collaboration and innovative marketing with AT&T, we are making solar even more mainstream," said Howard Wenger, SunPower president, business units. "The SunPower Equinox system is already a game changer for home solar, offering our customers unbeatable power, long-term performance and curb appeal. Now by incorporating AT&T IoT technology into SunPower's solar energy solutions, we are enabling a future of solar energy management that is reliable, simple, and cost-effective."
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-sunpower-collaborate-solar-iot-070000427.html