T - AT&T Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if T has quite bottomed yet but close. I'm looking at a 5 year chart and based on what I see there here's my crystal ball take. I think T finds support between 36 and 37 and will then trade in a 36 to 40 channel for awhile as this merger bakes in. (maybe a year) Once that happens and the fundamentals after the merger hold good it should take off. While waiting, with the recent jump in dividend T is now trading at a forward yield of 5.2 percent making this increase the 33rd consecutive year of raising it's dividend. If it drops to that 36 the yield would be 5.4% so for long term holds it is presently at a pretty good entry point.

2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

T down out the gate, on TWX deal

upload_2016-10-24_6-31-15.png

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Analyst Upgrade/Downgrade Update

Brokerage firm:
    Drexel Hamilton
    Change: Downgrade
    Previous Rating: Buy
    Current Rating: Hold
    Previous Price Target: N/A
    Current Price Target: N/A

4. Gray Wolf

Various opinions on this one.
    upload_2016-10-25_9-4-24.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  5. Tiptopptrader

I might check into this myself when it becomes available

AT&T's new streaming TV service is going to give you 100+ channels for $35 per month
    (ATAT&T just dropped a bombshell by announcing that its streaming TV package, DirecTV Now, will include over 100 channels for only $35 per month.

That $35 includes unlimited mobile data for your TV viewing, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson said at the WSJ's digital conference Tuesday.

DirecTV Now will be a live TV package that's delivered over the internet wherever you are — no cable box or satellite dish necessary. The service will debut in November.

DirecTV Now will target the 20 million people in the US who don't have pay TV, but the company plans for it to be the primary TV platform by 2020, according to Bloomberg.

This price point undercuts the early industry norms. Streaming TV leader Sling TV charges $20 for "25+" channels. Sony's PlayStation Vue charges you $54.99 dollars for a similar number of channels, and its lowest package gives you "60+" channels for $39.99 per month. Competitors from Hulu to YouTube are reportedly readying their own live TV streaming packages.

As is the norm for “over-the-top” services like Netflix or Sling TV, it also won’t lock you into an annual contract.

DirecTV Now won’t break the mold of pay TV, it will simply make the delivery more fluid. “It’s pay TV as an app,” AT&T’s SVP of strategy and business development, Tony Goncalves, told Business Insider in a recent interview.

AT&T sees itself as an “aggregator of aggregators,” and its strength will be in the breadth of content it provides (100+ channels), as well as in a pain-free technical experience. As a user of Sling TV, I have had many tech issues, and that element should be factored in prominently.

This announcement comes on the heels of AT&T's proposed merger with Time Warner. The deal, if it goes through, will AT&T’s “pipes” — wireless, broadband, and satellite — to Time Warner’s media properties that range from HBO to CNN to Warner Brothers.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ts-streaming-tv-going-100-180018500.html

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

That would be a pretty big deal, especially if it comes with the sports channels (like NFL Network and NFL redzone, MLB network, NHL network, ESPNU, etc.). That's where the fees start getting me, and then we also have to add HBO because of all the great shows on it. I'd consider switching though if the price was right.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Recent Insider Trading;

upload_2016-10-29_13-58-47.png
    upload_2016-10-29_13-59-4.png

8. Tiptopptrader

T going up on Trumps election as he wanted to kill the AT&T-Time Warner deal
    New rumor that T will acquire S...I started the rumor :D

upload_2016-11-9_8-29-38.png

9. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$T There should be a big shift coming soon. I'm ready for it to get in either direction.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Analyst Upgrade/Downgrade Update

Brokerage firm:
    Deutsche Bank
    Change: Coverage Reiterated/Price Target Changed
    Previous Rating: N/A
    Current Rating: Buy
    Previous Price Target: $45
    Current Price Target: $41

11. Tiptopptrader

12. Tiptopptrader

AT&T to Unveil DirecTV Now in Race for Streaming TV Supremacy
    AT&T (T) is expected to unveil its multichannel streaming service DirecTV Now on Monday, the latest entry in the race to grab market share in online pay-TV.

DirecTV Now, to be officially announced at an event in midtown Manhattan, will go head to head with Dish Network's (DISH) SlingTV and Sony's (SNE) PlayStation Vue. In the coming weeks, they'll be joined by Alphabet's (GOOGL) Google Unplugged and a similar service from Hulu.

The new service is expected to offer three tiers each aimed at a slightly different segment of the roughly 20 million to 25 million households that don't subscribe to any pay-TV service. In general, the target audience is young people and especially those in urban areas where AT&T satellite TV service DirecTV, which it acquired in 2014, has historically lagged its cable TV rivals.
    More: https://www.thestreet.com/story/139...ming-tv-supremacy.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Interesting.

Ive been waiting for some good on-demand options besides netflix and amazon, I wonder if they can actually do it?

14. Tiptopptrader

AT&T CEO: DirecTV Now Exceeds Expectations
    According to Reuters, AT&T Chief Executive Randall Stephenson told investors that DirecTV Now “is doing very, very well,” noting the service reached the subscriber forecast for December on the first day it was available. Stephenson wouldn’t provide a number in terms of how many subscribers DirecTV Now has.
    Read more:http://www.investopedia.com/news/att-ceo-directv-now-exceeds-expectations-t/#ixzz4S6Rzdr00

upload_2016-12-6_15-21-53.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  15. Tiptopptrader

Nice to see T back in favor. Glad I added to my position on the big pull back.

upload_2016-12-7_10-27-53.png

16. Tiptopptrader

T0rm3nted likes this.
  17. Gray Wolf

18. Tiptopptrader

My protective stop kicked in earlier today as I didn't feel like riding the roller coaster again and I kept moving my stop up when it was rebounding. I took down some nice profit's and divi's and I may get in again if it nears the lower BB.

upload_2017-1-6_9-52-5.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  19. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

I'm playing around with higher delta - lower Theta options purchases.

T FEB 17 2017 43.00 P - 01:44:59

Bought to Open 2c @ $2.23 - Total: $454.40

I was a little early as my indicators have not flipped yet, but we will see.

20. Tiptopptrader

If breaks below $40 it will get my interest up for re-entry but I would rather wait until after earnings on the 25th