T - AT&T Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If I was more liquid, I would definitely be buying T for the long-term. With the low capital I have on hand right now, I'm looking for more risky investments with quicker returns. Looks like an extremely solid long-term hold though.

2. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

TTT, Leo - still holding those $46 calls here?

3. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Yes, too cheap to sell. ER on Oct 25

4. Tiptopptrader

Zacks put out a sell on T. They are not a real analyst IMO, but the short network will do what ever it takes

upload_2016-10-4_7-48-15.png

5. AverageJoesTrades

such crap. Do you think they're just interested in dipping it down before earnings?

6. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$T dang this is lucky, trying to raise some funds to buy more for ex-divi

7. Tiptopptrader

There intent is to be able to short the price on down for either their self or a entity they are working with. Sadly this is the way the markets works and the SEC does nothing about it. This my opinion and there are those that would argue the case I am sure.

If they beat on the ER and good guidance then you will see a short squeeze if not sooner

8. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

I personally don't think T moves enough on a consistent basis to buy calls. I've thought about selling calls on it but don't want to risk getting called on this one. I've held T for over 2 years now and can see the benefit for longer term. Basically I have received over $3 per share in dividends and $7 per share in what is now unrealized gains (because I'm not ready to sell it). I monitor them quarterly for changes in fundamentals or signs of dividend cuts (not likely) and will only sell them if I see signs they are deteriorating. While I don't do DRIP with them the dividends do fuel my cash account for purchasing other stocks.

9. Tiptopptrader

Out of the ordinary trading on T in AH on 900K shares traded. There is normally not much action in AH especially on a Friday. It 's not a big move yet but stay tuned and we will see what's up

upload_2016-10-7_13-20-55.png

Attached Files:

10. Tiptopptrader

They are one of the bidders for Twitter

Report: AT&T seeking media acquisitions in $2 billion to $50 billion range
    AT&T is actively looking to acquire media companies valued between $2 billion and $50 billion, according to a report.
    After its $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV made it a major player in content distribution, a media buy would move AT&T (NYSE: T) aggressively into content production. Bloomberg reported that the company will seek deals over the next three to five years, effectively shifting its business model.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/b...eeking-media-acquisitions-in-2.html?ana=yahoo

11. Tiptopptrader

AT&T discussed takeover in meetings with Time Warner
    (Reuters) - Senior executives of telecommunications company AT&T Inc (T.N) and media conglomerate Time Warner Inc (TWX.N) have discussed various business strategies including a possible merger in recent weeks, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people it said were familiar with the matter.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-discussed-takeover-meetings-time-200107751.html

12. Tiptopptrader

The biggest deal of the day is going on between T and Time Warner. They are supposed to be in advanced negotiations. T is dropping on dilution if the deals happens, If it doesn't effect the divi's I will probably buy more shares on the drop. As T is changing their business model this merger should add a boost in the mid term.

13. AverageJoesTrades

TTT - Scottrade is showing that the Nov 18th 46$ calls printed all the way to .48 today?

Sounds/looks like an order came in out of line or something - do you see this on your system? Either way they're up to .03

14. Tiptopptrader

Yes I see 4 calls @.48 and lists it as a spread trade and currently @.03 as you said

15. AverageJoesTrades

I am assuming this is due to the TWX deal?

There was probably no way to unload anything at .48 unless it was watched like a hawk right?

16. Tiptopptrader

It is odd. It might be interesting if the buyout is a done deal and then TWX reports a ER beat...just saying

17. AverageJoesTrades

I don't see how they can't beat earnings. Cable and TV - not even including HBO and all the other addons are closing in on $200 a month where I am. - I'm being facetious of course, but there are no other providers unless I want dish in my area and they just keep upping our bills.

18. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

This stock seems broken....humm !

19. Tiptopptrader

20. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This was a bit of a surprise to me, I did not think these kind of mega mergers happen so easily!