V:GG - Galane Gold Ltd

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by snstock, Jul 6, 2016.

1. snstock

snstock New Member

Galane Gold's Mupane produces 7,855 oz Au in Q2 2016

2016-07-04 09:53 ET - News Release

Mr. Nick Brodie reports

GALANE GOLD LTD. REPORTS A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN QUARTERLY GOLD PRODUCTION

For the three months ended June 30, 2016, production from Galane Gold Ltd.'s Mupane mine was 7,855 ounces, an increase of 2,027 ounces compared with the previous quarter. The increase is a reflection of the higher grade being fed to the operating plant with the commencement of mining in the main Tau orebody in April, 2016.

Galane Gold chief executive officer Nick Brodie commented: "The second quarter of 2016 outperformed our internal expectations, with mining commencing in the main orebody at Tau three months before we originally anticipated. The increase in production is a reflection of the management team's hard work and determination over the last two years to turn Mupane into a high-grade underground operation. Production at the Mupane mine for the three months ended June 30, 2016, represents our best quarterly production since the second quarter of 2014 when we completed mining at the Tholo open pit. We expect this momentum at the Mupane mine to continue into future quarters as we expose more of the Tau orebody. The management team is now focused on its second main goal for 2017, the resumption of production at Galaxy."

Information of a technical and scientific nature that forms the basis of the disclosure in the press release has been approved by Charles Byron, PrSciNat, MAusIMM, MGSSA, chief geologist for Galane Gold and a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.