VR - Virtual Reality

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Tiptopptrader, May 9, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

As VR is the future now and the different forecasts are astronomical on units to be sold and revenue. I have my chips down on this market. The first link is worth a look at what is doing in Health Care...Totally amazing

Video exploratory healthcare using VR to improve mental health and rehabilitation treatments

Virtual reality is poised to explode in 2016
    http://www.businessinsider.com/virtual-reality-is-poised-to-explode-in-2016-2016-4

2. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Agreed. A splendid and truly ground-breaking technology. The only downside is most devices' price, which initially shall scare away many potential users. Besides, due to lack of standarts in this new area there will surely be a lot of crappy inventions and failed efforts. But by the end of this year, I guess, I will start looking for some stock related to it to go all-in long.

3. Tiptopptrader

A underlying stock into gaming may be your best bet to reap some profits. There is much talk on Stockaholics about this subject with stocks like AMD, NVDA, INTC, and SNE, to name a few

Global Virtual Reality (VR) in Gaming Market 2016 – Industry Growth, Size, Share, Forecasted CAGR

http://chollywood.info/global-virtu...6-industry-growth-size-share-forecasted-cagr/

Virtual reality could help the stock market reach all-time highs in 2016 and 2017
    http://www.businessinsider.com/virtual-reality-stock-market-tech-companies-vr-james-altucher-2016-4

Virtual Reality, Real Profits: 11 Great Stocks To Play The Coming VR/AR Boom
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexada...ks-to-play-the-coming-vrar-boom/#39ced0d55ee2

upload_2016-5-12_12-35-0.png

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

"Podcaster and blogger James Altucher says virtual reality is one of the many tech innovations that will send the market to all time highs in the next two years."

Bah!

As much as I am excited about VR, there is no way that this alone can drive the markets.

Current VR HMD's and the GPUs needed to power them are pretty expensive for the average consumer.

5. Tiptopptrader

Bah Humbug :p

But I agree it is not going to move the market to new highs but it is going to be a huge market. Kids are practically playing these games out of the cradle, now add VR and you be lucky to get them on a ball field or what have you

6. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

It may send the market to new highs or may not, but there's no doubt it's a huge thing, and picking successful businesses in this new area will grant you stable profits for a couple of years at least, even if the industry turns up to be a fiasco.

7. Tiptopptrader

A little tidbit from NVDA

Gaming revenue was $687 million, up from $587 million a year ago, thanks in part to interest in virtual reality headsets. Huang said that Nvidia’s advantage goes beyond chips, as the company has created a hardware-software platform. “It’s about evolving all of the algorithms that sit on top of our GPUs,” Huang said. “It’s about making sure the experience just works.”
    http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/12/n...ics-chips-will-make-it-dominant-in-pc-gaming/

8. Tiptopptrader

For those wanting to invest in Virtual Reality here is a good comparison between AMD and NVDA and I agree with about 90% of this

Performance so far

As seen from the above graph, the business model has fared well for the gaming, data center, and automotive markets. These markets have grown at a CAGR (compounded annual growth rate) of 30%, 40%, and 80%, respectively, over the past three years.

NVIDIA’s growth is likely to increase further as the trends of gaming, VR (virtual reality), deep learning, and self-driving cars pick up pace.

Gaming
    NVIDIA competes head-to-head with Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). NVIDIA’s GeForce platform dominates in the PC gaming space, and AMD’s Raytheon platform dominates the gaming console and VR headset space. The growing popularity of eSports is driving the demand for PC gaming in the emerging markets (EEM).

The PC gaming hardware market is expected to grow from $24.6 billion in 2015 to $30 billion by 2018, according to Jon Peddie Research

Virtual and augmented reality
    NVIDIA competes with AMD in the VR/AR (virtual/augmented reality) space. AMD is building a VR/AR headset with Sulon Q. Even Intel (INTC) is entering the AR market by powering Microsoft’s (MSFT) HoloLens AR headset.

The VR/AR market is expected to reach $150 billion by 2020, according to Digi-Capital.

Deep learning
    NVIDIA is looking to accelerate its deep learning efforts through its Pascal architecture. However, Pascal could face tough competition with AMD’s Polaris architecture. Both architectures are being built on FinFET (fin-shaped field effect transistor) technology.

Deep learning software market is expected to exceed $10 billion by 2024, according to Tractica.

Self-driving cars
    NVIDIA is playing a key role in both the hardware and software of the self-driving cars. Even Google (GOOG) is developing a self-driving car. This is still a niche market that holds a strong growth opportunity for the company that is the first to launch successful technology. Self-driving cars are expected to be an $87 billion market in 2030, with software getting a bigger bite of the market, according to Lux Research.

Growth opportunities, technology advancements, and macro environments seem to favor NVIDIA. The company’s strong business model would help it leverage these factors and boost future
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/past-present-future-nvidia-130644395.html

9. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Two questions: which 10% of this you disagree with, and what is deep learning? Don't think I've heard this term before.

10. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

AMD and VUZI are having big days.

11. Tiptopptrader

I was a little rash in my judgement but the Digi-Capital forecast was a old forcast I believe. Everything else appears to be in line

Deep Learning uses artificial intelligence computing. It will enable developers to create better deep-learning applications to solve problems such as enabling self-driving cars to recognize pedestrians. But there are other uses to build on.

12. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Well, I can definitely see applications for this technology. I mean, it would be quite unfortunate if AI-driven devices couldn't recognize us humans and avoid causing us damage :D

13. Tiptopptrader

14. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Which one of them would you choose? I like NVDA, but it's more of nostalgic love. I've been hearing lately that AMD is at last going to beat NVDA on VR battleground, is it really going to happen?

15. Tiptopptrader

I am a little bias on that question as I already own AMD that provides for Sony, Gamestop and others. Compared to some of the other big names it is considered a underdog by some. Right now AMD has 83% market share of VR. With everyone joining the party that market share could change but the forecasted revenue for VR would compensate in my opinion. The following link will give you more high powered stocks to review including NVDA.

10 Stocks That Stand to Benefit From the Rise of Virtual Reality
    http://www.investopedia.com/article...stocks-stand-benefit-rise-virtual-reality.asp

16. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Thanks. I guess I'll stick around NVDAa bit longer. Still seems like profit to me

17. Tiptopptrader

Don't be sitting on the side lines when VR really takes off

China's Virtual Reality Market will be worth 8.5 Billion and everyone want's a piece
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-worth-8-5-billion-and-everyone-wants-a-piece

Global Healthcare Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality Systems Market - Minimally Invasive VR Platforms Anticipated to Grow - Research and Markets
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...are-Virtual-Reality-Augmented-Reality-Systems

China market: Suning setting up VR experimental shops

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20160530PD203.html

VR Headset market reaches $3.4 million in India
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...3-4-million-in-india/articleshow/52466698.cms

18. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

The question is how long does it take for China market to grow to those estimates..

19. Tiptopptrader

It's not just China...The point being is to trade ahead of the curve. I have taken this action in other markets through the years and now I have put my chips in the VR market.

20. Clair

Clair Active Member

I think VR's really overrated at this point. It's gonna take a decade before any of this is possible. And another decade before it's avaliable for middle class.