Weather - your area... temps precip etc whats it like?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It ain't over till it's over...

A jet stream dip moving across the northeastern U.S. during that time was supposed to whisk Matthew eastward and out to sea. It now appears that Matthew will instead get left behind and meander off the Southeast coast.

At the same time, high pressure in the upper atmosphere is forecast to build east across the southern United States. The clockwise wind flow around that high could send Matthew westward with time in the general direction of the Florida peninsula or the northern Bahamas early next week.

Hmm, edited this at 11:41 PM. I pasted this image from the weather center website and it appears it is dynamically updating. The track was showing southward to the bahamas when I posted it earlier.

#61 Gray Wolf, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    OldFart likes this.
  2. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

that's because we like to recycle down here
    @JerryM ;)

3. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

whelp, we finally we got some REAL precipitation from this storm yesterday ... first time since like early summer ... 'bout time ... sad that it takes a hurricane to do it for us :rolleyes:

we got kind of lucky that there were no trees down near my home, but some neighbors around me were not so lucky ... some guy had a large tree crash right through his fence, and onto his deck narrowly missing his house ... yowza!

#63 Stockaholic, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    OldFart likes this.
  4. Stockaholic

Summer temps attempting to make a comeback here this week? o_O

[​IMG]

5. Stockaholic

Well this is crazy, but I just saw on the local weather that temps could be hitting near 90 around here tomorrow! :eek:

Is anyone else experiencing unusually warm temperatures around their area this week?

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Someone from work mentioned to me that in the KC area yesterday it was 97 degrees. 30 degrees hotter than the average.

7. Stockaholic

I am really digging this upcoming weekend weather here :cool:
    [​IMG]

8. Stockaholic

I'm absolutely loving these temps this weekend ... I was getting tired of the relentless heat down here ... 'bout time fall decided to show up

9. Stockaholic

And back n the 80s this weekend :confused: ... I imagine we'll be setting some records (or close to it) for this time of the year

[​IMG]

10. Stockaholic

woohoo! now we're talking! i'm really loving this fall weather! finally! :cool:

[​IMG]

11. ESOX 606

ESOX 606 Member

It was 23 F this morning in KY, with highs about 50. Perfect weather. Deer season (rifle) came in yesterday. Bucks are back in the annual girlfriend hunting mode. Life is good. 4 live doe decoys in my front yard all morning. Cooked a big breakfast while waiting for the big boy to show up. No takers this morning. I must have ugly does on my farm. I'm going to have to call the man (Trump) and see if he can't fix the ugly doe situation.

12. Stockaholic

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ne...e-tornado-strike-in-south-charlotte/471990254

whelp i will say i got really fortunate not to have been in direct path of this ef1 tornado this past week ... but it did do a number on the trees around my area ... i was busy the past few days cleaning up after all of the tree limbs that were down in my front and back yard ... a big pain in the rear ... but i won't complain too much as just about 5-10 miles south of me they had it way worse ... i hope anyone who was in the path of this tornado made it out alright ... this one really came out of nowhere ... and consider this -- prior to this storm we hadn't any precipitation here in several months so this tornado really came as a huge surprise to many

pretty fortunate that it wasn't nothing more than a few tree limbs down ... it certainly could have been much much worse

13. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad to hear you're ok Cy!

14. OldFart

Mid 50's here... brrr

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  15. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Just got 6 inches of snow. Firing up my snow blower for the first time this year. 20 degrees today but then a cold front comes thru tonight. Sub zero overnight lows for the next week. But, once cleared out of my driveway, the snow is great. Pretty on the trees and it looks a lot like Christmas. :D

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

We're in that same weather right now. Snowed starting yesterday afternoon on and off until tomorrow morning. 5-9 inches expected.

17. Dre4

Dre4 Member

@Cy McCaffrey I see you're in Charlotte that's awesome, have a lot of friends there. I went to grad school in NC and worked in the Triangle area for a year. Back home in Canada now where we got about 2 inches of snow.

18. Stockaholic

Nice @Dre4! yeah I moved down here about 10 years ago from NJ and I honestly couldn't be more happier here! It's always nice to be halfway to NJ (where I still have family & friends) and halfway to Florida (where I have family as well) so anytime I want to take a trip to either destination it's really just a half day's drive :)

As for our weather here today ... yowza! We're getting a little early Spring feel here today! :eek: But I hear much of the north got hit pretty good with wintry weather! Which is exactly why I love this place so much! :p

[​IMG]

OldFart likes this.
  19. OldFart

IMG_0296.PNG Back in the 80's by Sunday

20. Stockaholic

back in the 40s here, but that isn't too terrible considering we were in the low 20s two nights ago which was our coldest night of the season so far ... but it'll be warming up nicely on tues. but rainy

[​IMG]