Welcome to Our Community!

If you are frustrated with the existing forums out there like we are, sign up and help us build a new, clean and modern financial site!

Interested in helping? We are looking to expand out team!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly SPX Poll - Sentiment (4/11-4/15)

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

How does Stockaholics see the SPX closing for the week of 4/11-4/15?

Poll closed Apr 11, 2016.
  1. Up.

42.9%
  2. Flat. (+/-0.50% or less)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Down.

57.1%
  1. Cy McCaffrey

Cy McCaffrey Content Manager
    Staff Member

This is a poll for the week of 4/11-4/15, 2016
    Expires Sunday 9pm-Midnight PST (or thereabouts) on: 4/10/16
    Don't forget to click the "Vote Now" button;)

How does Stockaholics think the S&P500 will close the week?

Starting point:
    [​IMG]

Results from the last poll (4/4-4/8)
    2,047.60 -1.21%

Post your Vote!
    [​IMG]

**Starting point will be edited into this post after Friday close**
    *Link to Previous Weekly Poll Thread*
    Don't forget to post your vote to be listed in the

[​IMG]

Stockaholics Voted
    [​IMG]

Stockaholics wins the weekly poll tally this week! Credit goes to the DOWN votes! :cool:

Notes/Guidelines:
    1) For purpose of the spreadsheet record flat is currently based on +/-0.50% or less. Of course, everyone can define flat any way they choose.
    2) Up, Flat, or Down must be clearly specified in a post in order to be listed in the spreadsheet, otherwise it'll be assumed that post was not intended to be a part of the official record.
    3) Because of the poll expiration at Sunday midnight GMT time zone, (Sunday 4pm PST / 7pm EST) I manually close the poll around 9pm - midnight in PST, or before I go to bed. You may notice the poll says to expire on Monday, but it does not. It will expire on Sunday the date that is in this post.
    4 pm PST / 7pm EST is just a bit too early and I want to give as much possible time for everyone to get a chance to vote.
    4) You may notice that some members have monthly and quarterly statistics in the spreadsheet. I add these based on at the start of the month or quarter taking into account past consistent voter-ship.
    5) It's OK to post your vote if you missed the deadline after the poll has expired and if the market has not really moved that much or especially if your late vote is opposite or flat of the S&P futures ATM. It will be up to my discretion and obviously, the more active voters will be given more leeway.
    6) Starting and ending points based on official close of the market Friday.
    7) The primary goal of this game is to track our performance. You can consider it a contest or as a personal critiquing tool to better ones performance

#1 Cy McCaffrey, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. Cy McCaffrey

Staff Member

Post #1 Updated!
    Scores Graded!

[​IMG]

*Link to Previous Weekly Poll Thread*

Stockaholics wins the weekly poll tally this week! Credit goes to the DOWN votes! :D

[​IMG]

special commendation go out to our 12 posted down voters in this past week!-

great calls in here fellas!

we have @Ken34 with Stockaholics consecutive leader with 3 in a row! :cool:

we have @stock1234 with Stockaholics current percentage leader for the year at a solid 64.29% accuracy with all votes counted for this year!

also worth pointing out that @internationalstocks continues to kill it on the weekly poll! now improving to a staggering 90.91% accuracy for the year however with not all votes counted for all year ... but still c'mon man! that is worthy of some serious recognition in mind! wow!

excellent job fellas!!! :cool:

i also want to give a special commendation to y'alls who participated on our past week's sentiment poll here ... we had a total of 16 clicked votes in on this past week's poll even despite this big hsm to stockaholics site change! ... and as i always like to say -- i thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued participation & support on these polls here at hsm/stockaholics ... you guys are absolutely the reason these things are even possible here! thank you one and all!

whelp, that's a wrap from me this week ... glta! and i hope you all have an awesome weekend ahead! cheers! :cool:

and please do not forget to click in your vote on the poll & post your vote!!!

internationalstocks likes this.
  3. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Active Member

Down.
    I think we'll start the week off going down toward the 50-week ma ~2030, and the first day tends to determine the whole week.

4. internationalstocks

internationalstocks Active Member

This week is a hard call. Have to think this one over o_O

5. Steven_Burt

Steven_Burt Active Member

UP! ... again

6. Cy McCaffrey

Staff Member

hmm ... just curious here but are any of you guys getting the e-mail notifications with the @username mentions? hoping we get our usual crew chiming in to the poll here ... i know i had a super late start with this week's poll ... my sincere apologies ... had to take care of some urgent family priorities the past few days

7. Cy McCaffrey

Staff Member

i'm voting down for this week

8. Value543

Value543 Active Member

We didn't break the high of the previous week, but we didn't break its low either...so anything can happen! Nice tough/slight bounce off the Weekly 50 MA and the Daily 20 MA...so I want to say up, but it just still feels like we need to cool off...

Down

9. weather

weather New Member

We're going up later half of week. Beige book pump, options expiration weeks is up 75% of the time.... we finish up, but dread the week after

10. nadgob

nadgob New Member

What is with this picture?

Down, the SPY @ 202 will do magic for my portfolio.

11. internationalstocks

internationalstocks Active Member

I voted down for the week. Dollar is weak which strengthened Asian currencies which is bad for Asian Indexes. Exports were bad as is.

12. Venom08

Venom08 Member

Voted DOWN due to poor close and it's time for the market to take a breather.

13. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

With oil in a uptrend and the market expecting weak earnings that may be already be priced in I will go with up

14. stock1234

stock1234 Active Member

Up, thanks!

15. DoveJohns

DoveJohns Active Member

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Voting up this week

17. Ken34

Ken34 Active Member

nah im not getting any notifications at all. i know for sure this layout you can get notifications from people mentioning your name on the alerts tab, maybe its something you guys have to set up on your end?

as for this week, im voting up.

18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Hope everything is fine with the family! I disabled email notifications but when I was getting them, it was only for watched threads (which was any theead I participated in) at the time.

Actually I lied. I'm still getting emails when I get direct messages (When people start a conversation with me). I know I went through a lot of settings and disabled emails to come to me for most things though.

19. Cy McCaffrey

Staff Member

dang ... okay thx for the heads up with that @Ken34 ... looks like we still managed a fairly decent participation in here despite the notifications not working

thx @T0rm3nted ... all is good here ... just been swamped w/ work like crazy

its good to see you join in on the weekly poll btw ... welcome aboard ... added you to our voting member record spreadsheet :)

20. Cy McCaffrey

Staff Member

sorry @nadgob i didn't have time to find a good pic this week! lol