What happened to hotstockmarket?

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by spooks, Jan 10, 2017.

1. spooks

spooks New Member

I assume this is the "new" hotstockmarket website/forum?
    I was away for a while and now I noticed that the hotstockmarket website is no longer available and it changed to this one.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

You are correct @spooks and welcome to the new board. We moved last March and this website has much more to offer than the old HSM.

3. spooks

spooks New Member

I see.

Maybe weird to say, but I do seem to have a feeling that this website is less active than the one before?
    Did many members leave after the website was moved?

I also noticed that many "topics" (read as in: stocks) are not anymore discussed or do not have a topic anymore. I do find it a little bit sad. It seems lots of information is lost.

4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Hey @spooks firstly welcome back!

Yes, unfortunately the old threads & posts from the old boards are gone. But, they're actually not "lost". We have the entire database from the time of the move back in early April of last year. The problem is we just don't have a platform to host those archives if you will.

See @Gil Oren's thread here -> http://www.stockaholics.net/threads...-guests-welcome-to-the-new-improved-site.139/

The first post of that thread has a video that Gil put together that basically goes through exactly what happened.

In the meantime, you could try using an archive website like archive.org which has "some" of the posts still readable from the old HSM.

See this link here -> https://web.archive.org/web/20160315004953/http://www.hotstockmarket.com/f/

I really don't know how much longer those archives will remain online. They are neither mine or Gil's. They belong to archive.org.

But, I see they're still working. Albeit, not "everything" is working. But, you can click through some of the threads on there still even now.

Anyway, it's good to see that you finally made your way back here.

Oh, and while I'm at it here, don't forget to sign in to our official HSM returning members thread here -> http://www.stockaholics.net/threads/hsm-roll-call-returning-members-thread.120/

You'll find quite a few old faces on that thread I'm sure. ;)

5. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Yes less active as it is a new and growing website, Cy might be able to give you some stats on members that made the trip over from HSM.

Gil built this website on the theory they will come. If you type in "Stock Forum" in google this website will either be number 1 or 2 on the search list.

You couldn't copy and paste a graphic on HSM that is just one of the features here
    upload_2017-1-10_12-43-35.png

Attached Files:

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. spooks

spooks New Member

I am still surprised how calm the forum is.
    Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but the previous website/forum (hotstockforum) seemed a lot more active !
    And we are again a few months further in the future, but still, pretty calm.

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Now that you are here, its 1 person more active! :D

8. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

hi @spooks
    welcome from me as well..
    all depend what you mean by active ... IMO here there is a lot activities and qualities (posts & traders) but no "noise" (P&D)
    but if you are a newbie plenty here to learn the right way in the other hand if you are an experience trader then we love to hear - read your way of trading...... :)

see you around ... take care

Stockaholic likes this.
  9. spooks

spooks New Member

I just remember that (if my memory does not play tricks on me) at the old forum there was a lot more of response/replies to certain topics I made or was involved in. Here not so much anymore.

10. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

for what I remember of HSF was one of my first forum I visited when I decided to trade in USA (many moons ago lol) I didn't like it ... too many P&D etc....
    I went back just before Jock & co open this site .. it was improved a lot etc....
    maybe yes there aren't many response/replies but IMO here there are many (a lot) professional or well experiences traders that they don't need asking newbie questions but most likely (I am sure about it) they answer to the questions they get asked ......

you will find a lot threads with different trading strategy and that is an assets to this site .... rather then mix thread where one know more then the other and so on ....
    any way I am sure when you get acquainted with this site you will be fine..... ;):D
    tace care ciao

Stockaholic likes this.
  11. IchiFutures

IchiFutures Active Member

welcome bruh

Stockaholic likes this.
  12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Yes, we are rebuilding and if you want to help, be sure to participate in threads and reply to topics, that will help!

Stockaholic likes this.