YHOO - Yahoo! Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

I wonder if YHOO will start buying back shares soon w/cash on hand. Does not look like any movement soon on Japan or BABA sale.

2. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

I believe shareholders will be rewarded at the end. Perfect timing of closing the deal with VZN and BABA being at all time high. PT 53

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Analyst Upgrade/Downgrade Update

Brokerage firm:
    MKM Partners
    Change: Coverage Reiterated/Price Target Changed
    Previous Rating: Buy
    Current Rating: Buy
    Previous Price Target: $44
    Current Price Target: $51

Stockaholic likes this.
  4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Q3 ER Estimates:

Earnings Whisper:
    $0.15
    Consensus: $0.14
    Revenue: $860.88 Mil

Date & Time of ER:
    Tuesday
    Oct 18
    4:45 PM ET

5. Stockaholic

6. Stockaholic

immediate reaction:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Stockaholic

Yahoo earnings: 20 cents per share, vs expected EPS of 14 cents
    Yahoo reported quarterly earnings that topped analysts' expectations and revenue that met estimates on Tuesday.

Shares rose about 0.36 percent after hours, while Verizon shares fell 0.14 percent.

The internet technology and media company posted third-quarter earnings per share of 20 cents, adjusted, on revenue of $1.31 billion. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect Yahoo to report earnings of about 14 cents a share on $1.31 billion in revenue.

"In addition to our continued efforts to strengthen our business, we are busy preparing for integration with Verizon," CEO Marissa Mayer said in a statement. "We remain very confident, not only in the value of our business, but also in the value Yahoo products bring to our users' lives. To that end, we take deep responsibility in protecting our users and the security of their information. We're working hard to retain their trust and are heartened by their continued loyalty as seen in our user engagement trends."

Verizon agreed in July to buy Yahoo for $4.8 billion, after Yahoo struggled to adopt "strategic alternatives" for many months amid scrutiny from activist investors. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017, subject to approval of Yahoo shareholders and regulators.

But an extensive data breach at the company could have a material impact on the deal, Verizon's general counsel told Reuters last week.

Yahoo revealed in September that information of 500 million user accounts was stolen in late 2014, likely by a state actor. The breach built upon an August investigation of 200 million breached accounts.

Following the revelations, numerous media outlets, including the New York Times and Reuters, probed Yahoo's attitude about cybersecurity and its compliance with government surveillance. A report from the New York Post, unconfirmed by CNBC, indicated that Verizon may demand a price negotiation on their deal.

"That is just total speculation — we still see a real value to the asset there," Lowell McAdam, CEO of Verizon, said earlier this month at theInternet Association's Virtuous Circle conference in Menlo Park, California. "But in fairness, we're still understanding what was going on, to define whether it's a material impact to the business or not. But the industrial logic of doing this merger still makes a lot of sense ... I'm hoping we can get through all this stuff and get to the close [of the deal]."

On Tuesday, Bloomberg reported that the lack of progress on Yahoo's hacking probe has "dismayed" Verizon. Yahoo reiterated to CNBC that it was continuing to work towards integration with Verizon.

Despite a large user base, Yahoo has failed to cling to its share of digital ad revenue as rivals like Facebook and Alphabet continue to grow rapidly. Yahoo will capture 1.5 percent in total worldwide digital ad sales this year, down from 2.1 percent last year, eMarketer estimates.

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Brokerage firm:
    Needham
    Change: Downgrade
    Current Rating: Hold
    Previous Price Target: N/A
    Current Price Target: N/A

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Brokerage firm:
    Jeffries
    Change: Downgrade
    Current Rating: Hold
    Previous Price Target: N/A
    Current Price Target: N/A

10. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

A small surge in price considering the EPS. Seems somewhat fishy...

11. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

I hope the Yahoo website isn't being attacked, Not functioning like normal

12. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

13. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$YHOO some few hrs Verizon has already the chek to buy, i dont have the link from my smartphone

14. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

How can a company like this in the tech business get over a billion accounts hacked and not know about it for THREE YEARS? And not sure if they realize how ridiculous it is to send an email to account holders and say, (copied from my notification received from yahoo)

"Based on further analysis of this data by the forensic experts, we believe an unauthorized third party, in August 2013, stole data associated with a broader set of user accounts, including yours. We have not been able to identify the intrusion associated with this theft. We believe this incident is likely distinct from the incident we disclosed on September 22, 2016"
    Then said:
    "The stolen user account information may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, hashed passwords (using MD5) and, in some cases, encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers." And finally "

• Change your passwords and security questions and answers for any other accounts on which you used the same or similar information used for your Yahoo account."
    Telling someone to change passwords three years after a hack? WOW...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ye...rizon-an-equally-gigantic-discount-2016-12-14

Another article on the hack announcement. Would not be surprised if Verizon walks away from this altogether or closes with a very large haircut off the 4.8 valuation at time of agreement.

Jim BooDog likes this.
  15. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

How many more times will YHOO get hacked? lol

Anybody here use a Yahoo address? Change your password pronto!

16. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

I have not used Yahoo Mail for years.

Was finalizing my puts order early morning and my boss called me into the long meeting, FML. :D

17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Noooo, you just missed it?

18. khuya

khuya New Member

I saw the new yesterday, was going to wake up today to buy puts.. Overslept and missed the first drop, but still able to get in at $39 put

19. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

only $YHOO could fck up getting bought out

20. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Screw Yahoo *drops the mic*