A little advice needed on Spartan/Fisker please

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by David Taylor, Jul 14, 2020.

1. David Taylor

David Taylor New Member

Hi All

I am totally new to the stock market But have really been enjoying having a punt in the last couple of weeks and I am totally hooked.

I am a little concerned about one of my buys Though, after reading about Spartan energy Aquisition cutting a deal with Fisker I bought some Spartan stock, this however had been losing quite badly in the last few days, I’m down 19% and I am wondering why and can’t seem to find anything in the news, so I am wondering whether to cut my losses and just sell and move on?

Also can anyone advise any good sites for good insight? I’ve been checking Yahoo Finance and Tipranks but I just can’t afford a Premium stock tip service yet. Any help at all would be wonderful please and would really help out an eager beginner.

many thanks in advance

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I guess you just learned the lesson of buy the rumor, sell the news.

If you are buying the news, you are doing it backwards and you are late.

You are down 19% because everybody that bought it ahead of the news is dumping it to lock in the profits.

The sector is hot right now, so you may get a rebound, but this kind of volatility is going to be all over the map.

upload_2020-7-14_19-8-58.png

David Taylor likes this.
  3. David Taylor

David Taylor New Member

Ok thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my post, that makes a lot of sense. I think I will try to hold on to the stock for a couple of months and keep an eye on the market.