AAPL - Apple Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

There is a blindness over the world that keeps people from realizing that we will all be serfs someday soon, minding the whims of our fascist corporate elitist masters. It is a well known fact that the communications companies, like AT&T, and of course the internet companies to varying unknown degrees, cooperate fully with the intelligence agencies, copying every email, every text, every internet search, every GPS coordinate, etc., etc., and yet, you willingly buy these freaking expensive spy devices and bring them into your homes. Then you willingly divulge details of your life to it, and implicate all your friends, your relatives, and even your children, thinking it is all just innocent information, but then someday, even now, they can pull up your life history and profile you, and use any information against you. And they can remotely turn on the microphone or even the camera and record your conversations and activities, which may be useful to them one day. I lost my Galaxy S3 and I don't believe I will be replacing it, but I still post here. Undoubtedly I will be getting the firing squad someday.

There was only one US Senator that voted against the Patriot Act and that was Democrat Russ Feingold from Wisconsin; in my mind the last patriot in the Senate. He lost his future bid for re-election and recently lost another attempt to regain the office. Is it the people of Wisconsin that decide his fate? I doubt it.

#721 Onepoint272, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  2. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Imagine if Apple we're trading at 27 times earnings like Microsoft instead of 18 times earnings. Huge upgrade cycle on its way. Over 90 million iPhones are two years old or older first-quarter ER of 2018 will be huge

Jack Levy and Charles Noble like this.
  3. Charles Noble

Charles Noble Well-Known Member

Nobody knows what's going to happen to stock. If they did, let them show us how well they knew 165 was coming when it was under 100.

fidelgeorge and Jack Levy like this.
  4. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Thank you. With the connected home, we have certainly made ourselves vulnerable to a future where the Real Big Brother knows where you are at all times, knows the layout of your home, knows when you are sleeping, knows when you are away at work. Anyone that can get that information is safe to look into your home, and you have ceded home field advantage when it's time to send the terminators. But hey, look at how you made out on this trade-off, your living room is a couple degrees cooler when you get home. Now that's technology!

And even if things do not get that dire, there is still the fact that we allow these companies to break our belongings and render them useless. All under the guise of an iOS "update", where if you do not update then you will not be able to run anything, even though you ostensibly own the phone. Will our children even know what private property means?

Onepoint272 likes this.
  5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Hype coming out of AAPL, that 160 resistance not cracking, back down to test some support.

6. bigbear83

bigbear83 Active Member

#726 bigbear83, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

iWatch connectivity deflates the stock?

Oh come on... how bad can it be? :D

8. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

9. SammyN

SammyN New Member

What are you all doing with Apple stock? It’s getting crushed?! I’m debating selling before it goes down even more

Onepoint272 likes this.
  10. bigbear83

bigbear83 Active Member

Not really sure how much truth is behind this but rumors having it that last week was the worst launch week ever in history for the iPhone. Everyone waiting out for the iPhone X(10)?

Don't know where the bleeding stops but I would kind of like this at around 145ish personally if it gets there...

11. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

Waiting for iPhone X definitely plays a role but this iPhone launch is not that exciting IMO as now consumers have other good choices to choose from (Galaxy S8, Note 8, Huawei Mate 9, Pixel 2, etc.) Being an Apple fanboy for years, I have finally bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/22/16349518/iphone-8-short-launch-day-lines
    http://shanghaiist.com/2017/09/23/iphone-8-awkward-release-day.php

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

How do you like it? I was never an Apple fanboy, but loved the iPhone (only apple product I had/used). Went to the S7 edge and was not a fan with most of it. I was dead set on going back to Apple, but not having a headphone jack again is pretty annoying. I couldn't believe they doubled-down on that horrible decision.

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Was that enough of a deterrent to keep you away from the iphone?

Most people I know simply suck it up and go for the wireless headphones.

14. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

APPLE OPENS ITS FIRST STORE IN TAIWAN[​IMG]

15. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

How Apple Inc. Can Do a Mid-Cycle iPhone X Refresh
    Apple should go for the gold and offer more storage, too.

Ashraf Eassa
    (TMFChipFool)
    Oct 7, 2017 at 3:00PM
    Earlier this year, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) released special-edition (PRODUCT) Red iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models. Unlike the regular iPhone 7-series phones, which came in storage capacities of 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB, the (PRODUCT) Red iPhones were available just in 128GB and 256GB configurations.

These phones were short-lived -- Apple discontinued them after it hosted its Sept. 12 product launch event -- but the launch of those phones indicated that Apple isn't averse to making minor mid-cycle additions to its iPhone product portfolio.

In this article, I'd like to go over how Apple can do a mid-cycle refresh this year to keep the product line fresh and possibly counter the natural average selling price degradation that typically happens over the course of an iPhone product cycle.

Go for the gold, Apple
    Ahead of this year's iPhone launch event, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo indicated that Apple was having severe yield issues with the gold version of the iPhone X.

Those issues, Kuo said, would either lead Apple to delay the launch of the gold iPhone X or simply launch the devices in extremely low quantities.

Since Apple is already likely going to have a tough enough time as it is filling demand for the iPhone X in silver and space gray, it probably didn't make sense to go with the second option and further frustrate iPhone X customers who wanted the phone in the gold finish.

16. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Apple will make new highs and lead the market. Balance sheet too strong and valuation too low.

17. Charles Noble

Feel like this is going to leap today to the 50 day MA...$157.88, everyone watching for it.

fidelgeorge and Jack Levy like this.
  18. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$157 tomorrow?

19. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I'm with Lloyd on questioning that "feeling". Yesterday morning they ran it up into the $158 axis line and sellers came in and sold it back down. The HOD was exactly 158.00.

20. Charles Noble

Just by following the market, this will leap through 160 resistance. Then factor in recent positive sales & foxconn report = new high