AG - First Majestic Silver Corp.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by anotherdevilsadvocate, Apr 15, 2016.

1. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

First Majestic Silver Corp. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of mineral properties with a focus on silver projects in Mexico. The company owns and operates six silver producing mines, including the La Encantada Mine, La Parrilla Mine, Del Toro Mine, San Martin Mine, La Guitarra Mine, and Santa Elena Mine. It also holds interests in the Plomosas silver project situated in Sinaloa State; La Luz silver project located in San Luis Potosi State; and Jalisco group of properties located in various mining districts in Jalisco, Mexico. The company was formerly known as First Majestic Resource Corp. and changed its name to First Majestic Silver Corp. in November 2006. First Majestic Silver Corp. was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.

Bodacious likes this.
  2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Was looking into silver mining companies and found this one under $10/share. I know there's no difference between a $750 stock and a $7 stock, because it's the % move that matters. But a $7 stock will have a lot cheaper option prices than that $750 stock.

Anyway, this one did some good work recently.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-majestic-produces-record-5-110000822.html
    Producing more silver (+11% y/y) and a lot more gold (+468% y/y!) than previously. I think the "ounces of silver equivalent" is even greater because it's based on silver prices which have been improving. But that can fluctuate. More details in the article itself, including mine-by-mine breakdown.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice run on this one. MACD just crossed over as well, and the last two times that happened, we saw gains (ignore my amazing artistic skills below).

upload_2016-4-15_19-39-49.png

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Analyst Upgrade/Downgrade Update

Brokerage firm:
    Raymond James
    Change: Upgrade
    Previous Rating: Under Perform
    Current Rating: Market Perform
    Previous Price Target: N/A
    Current Price Target: N/A

5. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

AG up on silver as the markets are melting down

upload_2016-11-1_10-17-41.png

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I hope it's not out of pure boredom, but trying to play the bounce here off the support in this channel. In at $7.636

upload_2018-7-13_9-42-6.png

Stockaholic likes this.
  7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Got an alert today about the drop below my "stop" and watched it closely there after. Looked like it might recover, but started to drop again. Sold at $7.12 today for a loss of 6.8% on the trade. Can't win them all.

upload_2018-7-17_16-59-7.png

8. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

Going up on earnings expectations.

9. Unicorn Dreams

Got a smol position in AG, planning to either average up if it keeps looking good or taking a smol hit.

Edit Stopped out of AG will probably try again.

#9 Unicorn Dreams, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019