Altcoin Watch

Discussion in 'Crypto Forum' started by T0rm3nted, Jan 12, 2018.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Anybody got any upcoming altcoins they're keeping an eye on or already invested in? Kind of interested in throwing some pocket change in one and seeing what happens. Would be a good idea to have a thread like this where people can mention any altcoins they're watching and why, etc.

2. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

ETH & XEM

ETH - a platform that has put into developing many solutions for real world problem. 90% of the alt coins nowadays are developed through ETH platforms. The development community is very active and continue developing upgrades.

XEM - an enhanced version of ETH which has put a lot of functions under its belt, such as acting as shares and fiat currency exchange median. I believe the Japan stock exchange has acquired a very large sum of this coin for testing/developing purposes.

Ripple/XRP - don't like it much. What's worthy is its system, which is the company itself not the coin.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Just pick any random three letter combination you see.

Then add "I hear a group of Chinese investors are very interested in this. Something something whitepaper extremely promising Bill Gates and Elon Musk are buying. To the moon."

There you have it, altcoin trading in a one sentence. :D

4. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Ha, that's true for the short term.
    I look at them as a form of mixture of investment & suspeculation.
    Hence, I do look at the technology behind those alt-coin, whether or not they addressing a problem we have right now.
    Koda's kodacoin may look silly, but the problem it is trying to address is real.

Anyways, I only have a few thousands put into these crypto at the moment, and i don't plan on adding anymore positions. They are merely for fun.
    However, I am heavily invested in firms that are involved in the backbone of the cryptos, block-chain technology, such as IBM, JPM, BAC, INTEC, and etc.

As of now, financial corporations are heavily invested in this technology because if it does work, they can save billions of dollars on cost per year.

T0rm3nted likes this.