Are there a tools that track real-time volume?

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by Ridestock, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Ridestock

Ridestock Member

If no one bought or sold, then the market does nothing. I want to watch the players in real time through volume. Where they are playing the stock price will be doing something up or down. Okay, so it could be up and down, so I also want an indicator to see the buy/sell ratio for the volume.

This would be very helpful to me, can anyone suggest a tool that does this?

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Any broker you use will have that app or website charting for you, or you can use tradingview.com

3. Ridestock

Ridestock Member

Thank you, what is the volume of buyers to sellers indicator called? I want to know on the last tick how many buys and how many sells. Thanks

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I dont know, check the list of indicators and see if its there. If its not there, you can probably make it yourself.

5. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

The best way to get what I think you are asking for: real-time Level II quotes with buy/sell level charting. I get mine through WEBull, but other brokers offer them. I used to use them on TDAmeritade, before I transferred that account to Fidelity.

If that's not what you're looking for, ignore me. :)

ETA: "Level 2 quotes are a powerful tool that give you real-time information on the activity behind a quote – such as the number and size of orders waiting in the queue, at each price."
    --- excerpted from rbcdirectinvesting.com

#5 Rayak, Mar 25, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    T0rm3nted likes this.