Are there reasons I shouldn't make this trade?

Discussion in 'Investing' started by Sly, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Sly

Sly New Member

I'm admittedly not a very experienced trader. I bought shares of MSFT @ 187 right before everything went to hell. I have it in a Fidelity acct and now that it's back up I'm thinking I want to sell them and consolidate the cash to my Robinhood acct where I've now been doing most of my investments due to the fact that it offers after hours trading. I can then just buy MSFT shares over there. Is there any advantage to holding onto this particular stock at Fidelity? Thanks

2. Andrew Peter O'Donovan

Hold...It is a long term yield but nonetheless will surely yield higher

3. Sly

Sly New Member

But would it matter in any way if I just sold it on Fidelity and then bought the same amount of shares around the same price on Robinhood? Because right now as far I know it won't be yielding me anything if I sell it since I'd be selling it around the same price I paid for it.

4. Sly

Sly New Member

Like, does length of time of ownership play a part? Dividends and such. And if so, how? Or is it not really that significant? Again, I'm not an exceptionally experienced trader. In fact, quite hesitant to show my ignorance.

5. Andrew Peter O'Donovan

Not significant is my understanding...

6. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Are u in a rothie? Im pretty sure if not, it will cause you some undue taxes. U may want to double check that.