Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

B Russ options trading

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by B Russ, Sep 27, 2017.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

It's a drug :D

B Russ likes this.
  2. B Russ

B Russ Active Member

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 9.44.17 PM.png AEO going to watch this for the next couple days. expecting it to get rejected, so i should probably buy calls. :eek: but seriously, i am trying to pay extra attention to the candle sticks coupled with the trends. i have a bad habit of going all in based on one or the other, but know they are all more powerful when used together. in the past, i would have thrown some puts on this, but am going to wait and see what develops in the coming days. i would like to see some signs of weakness in the pattern first.
    Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.07.45 PM.png BJRI gapped and retraced. yesterday and today showing some indecisiveness. i need to go back and refresh candles, but i think a reversal pattern is developing.
    Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.16.35 PM.png FDX setting up for a possible squeeze next week. I really like the triangles. Generally they have been the best breakout action for timeline predictability for me. Good options scalps when they finally pop. This one however, i wouldn't be surprised if it goes sideways till after earnings, which is 3 days after the June options expire. I will spend more time this weekend or tomorrow night, seeing if a good long straddle candidate for July or maybe even August contracts. i don't generally do straddles, but again....am trying to treat this more like a job and reduce risk.

That is all i have for tonight. Not jumping on any of them yet, but will keep an extra watchful eye on BJRI tomorrow.

T0rm3nted, bigbear0083 and fireopal like this.
  3. fireopal

Adding FDX to watch list so thanks :)

B Russ likes this.
  4. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

quick shout out to you Brian! 'tis so good seeing you back at it again man!

B Russ likes this.
  5. B Russ

B Russ Active Member

Thanks bigbear. i do always appreciate the friendly support.

Well now....barring any crazy movement tomorrow morning, i believe i am going to buy june puts on AEM. its been in a bit of a sideways trend for a couple yrs. dipped down well below the strike of $42 that i am eying for my puts. consolidating into a wedge and showed what i believe was a bearish engulfing pattern, i think it is? i guess technically its not a full engulfing, but very close...and happened near the projected breakout point, also at a time when gold is at new recent lows....looks like a great one to experiment with my knowledge of candlesticks with cheap contracts.
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 10.49.42 PM.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. B Russ

B Russ Active Member

Closed MTCH for small gain. Was worried about the sideways movement eating into the theta. Closed at $2.13.
    Avereged more into CAR. it took a hit friday and i picked up some more at same strike. 6-15 calls $44 strike @ $1.10

#46 B Russ, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    OldFart likes this.
  7. fireopal