Been around the block a few times...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by superfast502, Apr 10, 2018.

1. superfast502

superfast502 New Member

Hey there, excited to be here.

I'm a father of two boys in Denver and have been in and around trading since, geeze, way back in the late 90's with Investools... prolly earlier than that with RichDad and some other programs.

My greatest struggle was (is) with the demons of trading, emotions. Fear and greed. They are the corruptors of any good system.

Luckily, as I have made an lost more than most people earn in a lifetime I think I am getting the hang of it :)

Well, really, it is thanks to a handful of incredibly intelligent and successful traders.

I was personally trained by a friend in the southwest (prefers to remain anonymous) who worked out how the fed manipulates the markets and can track the market on an intra-day basis to a degree that still astounds me. He has created he own software and trades for himself, but he also spent hundreds of hours teaching me all he could get through my thick skull.

I don't use his system, as it requires constant vigilance, but boy did I learn a ton from him and am grateful and happy to share some of the wisdom.

Since, I have earned my Series 3 license so that my sis and I could open a CTA and trade futures for our clients. Unfortunately, the year was 2008, vix was 90+, and well, yeah... that didn't turn out so well. But I do have some great stories from that time (ask me about Black Wednesday sometime).

I was lucky enough to have been in front of a commercial rig when we had the first flash crash, that was fun.

I've since relaxed a little bit, expanded my time-frames, and now trade only very part time.

My passion for the art of trading has never subsided though. I invested in a trading news website and am the host of the Aggressive Growth Trading Summit.

I have some killer Twitter lists of traders if you want too.

Finally, I love helping people succeed. If I can contribute here I'll do my best. I firmly believe a rising tide lifts all boats so the more people we can get successful the better off the planet will be.

Finally, I guess I tend to ramble... so with that, Hi! I look forward to contributing and learning as much as I can.

2. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Great introduction @superfast502! Greatly looking forward to seeing you around the boards sharing some of the knowledge you've gained! And don't worry about the rambling ;)

4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager