Cannot sell United States Brent Oil Fund BNO??

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by hanneslive, Apr 20, 2021.

1. hanneslive

hanneslive New Member

Hi!

I am an amateur investor from Germany. In the past, I have been trading some shares of the United States Brent Oil Fund BNO (Ticker: US0A, ISIN US91167Q1004) which I cannot do anymore. I am looking for a way to sell my shares (which have been gaining value since I purchased them). In the past, I have purchased the BNO via AMEX using my German brokerage platform Flatex.

When I last tried to sell my shares on Flatex, they wouldn't let me do it. Flatex says that this type of ETF can't be traded anymore in Europe. Apparently, there are tax issues regarding the "Limited Partnership" of this ETF for people not living inside the United States. I have been trying to move my shares to different brokerage accounts, but to no avail. The problem seems to persist everywhere inside Europe.

Help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards from Germany
    Hannes

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Did you speak to a person at the brokerage? They must have some sort of solution other than "we cant do it".

Have you tried interactivebrokers.com?

hanneslive likes this.
  3. hanneslive

hanneslive New Member

[delete]

#3 hanneslive, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  4. hanneslive

hanneslive New Member

Yes, I did. They are quite uncooperative and are like “tough luck”. First they said I could perform a change of storage location, which didn’t work. Then they told me they were just two options: book everything out and lose all the money (!) or wait until the shares can be traded again, which might never be the case.

Let me have a look at interactivebrokers, though I fear that won’t help much either. I’ve been trying the seek solutions in Germany, Austria, and in the UK.