CBIS

Discussion in 'Penny Stocks' started by skygrabber, Feb 1, 2017.

1. skygrabber

skygrabber New Member

Cannabis Science inc. Marijuana stocks have been a hot topic lately but I've been reluctant to buy any as there are so many choices and I'm not really familiar with the sector. Anyway, CBIS keeps popping up and even showed up on etrades most popular quotes a few days in a row last week. It looks like they've been around awhile and may actually be a legit company so I bought a measly $100 worth to more or less watch it. I know, it sucks buying that little amount because you are immediately down 10% right off the bat because of commission but who cares, I'll ride it to zero or a million! Just looking for opinions on this or any other pot stocks that might be of interest. With legalization happening just about everywhere, a few of these might be worth owning. Thoughts?

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

If you are hearing about it in all the spammy newlsetters and pumper feeds, odds are you are too late to the party.

A lot of these stocks do not make money and just get runs like this because pumper groups decide to run it.

Once in a blue moon there is something that will add value, but its rare!

[​IMG]

3. Gary B

Gary B New Member

I think that a lot of these new MJ stocks will probably never do anything, but there are a few that already have and will provide some decent gains for short term trading and possible longer time frame holds. I have about 30 in a watchlist and have - like you- invested in two of them and because of the small investment it really doesn't matter it they fade out or not (of course I hope they explode). The two I bought I think actually have the possibility to provide some possible impressive gains "sometime this year"... on is up 54% from where I bought it and I've only owed it for a couple of weeks. Of course because once again of the small investment that would net me about $50 bucks if I sold tomorrow. But that's still not bad. The other one I bought is down but showed some signs of life today. So it goes....

I would suggest you do some serious DD and pay closer attention to Bio Tech and Banking MJ stock over producers. There's more than enough producers and the market now is flooded so much that prices on "the material " is actually falling.

If banking regulations are changed this year it will definitely help companies like SING- a payment processing company. The other area I'm looking at -Bio Tech. A couple to look at are ABBV and GWPH. If you need cheaper stocks look at EAPH or SPRWF.

Just remember that there is a lot of hype out there and it's going to take doing some serious DD, keeping an eye on the industry, and what happens with some of the regulations as these new states come on board this year. Also remember that the possible next AG Sen. Jeff Sessions could shut this all down. I hope he will leave it up to the states. Whether he does or not is up in the air. Just be vigilant.

I'm very interested in this sector have been doing research on this for about two months now. I would be happy to help you the best I can if you need anything.
    Gary

skygrabber likes this.
  4. skygrabber

skygrabber New Member

I neither read nor pay any attention to newsletters or feeds. It's all spam like you said. The recent spike in this stock may have just been a pump based on their recent news of selling out of inhalers in a initial test run or not but it's worth watching anyway. At $100 I could forget about it and if it goes to zero it's not a big deal. I also agree with Gary, most of these will fade away but a few will take off, even if just for the short term.

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

You got the right idea!

Toss in $100, like throwing some chips on red and spinning the wheel.

If it hits, great!

If it misses, oh well, you got to play!

I see way too many people think penny stocks are "investments". Treat it as a gamble and never be disappointed!

bigwin1234 likes this.
  6. Gary B

Gary B New Member

That really is a great way of looking at penny stocks- at least OTC Pinks. I've made more money in the past few months on penny stocks than I have on Scratch off or Lottery Tickets.These are fun stocks to trade. Not invest. Now Penny stocks on the Nasdaq and NYSE that are a few bucks in price and are more established companies ans somewhat safer plays if you do your DD and screen well, but if you have a little left over these stocks are a lot more fun to play than sitting watching a stock run up 3% in six months. Yawn.

bigwin1234 likes this.
  7. Z0da

Z0da Member

Consider looking at Canadian mj stocks. The number of medicinal users increased over 30% in the last quarter to 130k. Legalization for recreational is on the way very soon, all the top players are ramping up their production in preparation for this. Demand is so high that producers won't be able to keep up, meaning all pot produced will be sold. We are talking about a multi billion dollar industry in Canada, and with Germany, Australia legalizing, some of these companies are already positioned to export, partnerships are in place.

You don't need to invest in penny stocks, there are some legit companies with excellent leadership building up. There are currently only 38 licensed producers as it's a difficult process to get a license. Many are very excited here in Canada about the future of this industry.