Centralized compliance or decentralized? I'm confused.

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by sunshinebest, May 3, 2017.

1. sunshinebest

sunshinebest New Member

I'm curious lately about an enterprise in terms of compliance management. Others claim that both centralized and
    decentralized can have risks and benefits. Since every enterprise would want to make compliance a priority, which is more appropriate to a particular business? For example in a money exchange business, centralized compliance or decentralized? Any idea?

2. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory Active Member

Hi. I dont have much idea too but here's something that you can read about these two

deloitte.wsj.com/riskandcompliance/2014/03/10/should-enterprise-compliance-be-centralized-or-decentralized/

3. sunshinebest

sunshinebest New Member

Well, just to share my opinion!

Centralized organizations have one area that controls every action and activity. They are responsible in producing initiatives and creating their brand image. On the other hand, I can say that decentralize organizations can work freely. Autonomy is observed and performed in terms of promoting their products and services.

For me, the decision depends on how it will work on your business. In our case centralized compliance is better cause advantages outweigh its disadvantages.

#3 sunshinebest, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017