chatGPT - open AI

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by emmett kelly, Aug 5, 2023.

1. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt

not public yet, but when it is, katy bar the door. i put in a one sentence logline for a short film idea and a six paragraph, detailed synopsis was spit back at me in about a second. and, are you ready for this, the synopsis was excellent. at least one person i shared it with who is in show business said she would definitely watch it. scary stuff, this AI.

[​IMG]

2. emmett kelly

you be the judge. can a human write a better synopis?

----

Sure, here's a synopsis based on the logline you provided:

Title: "Final Conversations"

Synopsis: "Final Conversations" is a poignant and thought-provoking short film that unfolds on the eve of a death row inmate's execution. Father Michael, a compassionate and empathetic priest, visits the condemned man, James, in his prison cell for one last discussion about the afterlife.

As the hours tick down to James' scheduled execution, Father Michael grapples with his own doubts and beliefs about the afterlife, questioning whether he can offer solace to a man facing the unknown. Meanwhile, James, a hardened and remorseful criminal, is torn between the guilt of his past actions and the fear of what lies ahead.

In a gripping and emotionally charged conversation, Father Michael and James confront their inner demons, revealing deeply personal stories and fears. They engage in a profound exploration of life, death, redemption, and the existence of an afterlife.

Throughout the night, they challenge each other's perspectives, leading to moments of conflict, empathy, and unexpected connection. The barriers between priest and inmate begin to blur as they find common ground in their shared humanity.

As dawn approaches, both Father Michael and James are transformed by the experience. The film leaves the audience with lingering questions about faith, forgiveness, and the possibility of redemption in the face of life's darkest moments.

"Final Conversations" is a moving and intimate portrayal of the power of human connection and the complexity of belief, providing viewers with a profound reflection on the nature of life and death.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The speed at which new features powered by AI are coming up is insane.

Lots of mid level positions in companies are about to disappear over the next few years.

sarahdurden likes this.
  4. emmett kelly

@StockJock-e , here's what my robot buddy has to say about it. :hmm:

-----

As of my last update in September 2021, AI has been increasingly integrated into various aspects of office work, but it is unlikely that AI will completely replace humans in offices in the near future. AI and automation technologies have the potential to streamline repetitive and mundane tasks, improve efficiency, and augment human capabilities. They can handle data analysis, process large volumes of information, and perform certain routine tasks more quickly and accurately than humans.

However, there are several reasons why AI is unlikely to entirely replace humans in offices:

1. Complex Decision-Making: Many office tasks involve complex decision-making, creative problem-solving, and interpersonal interactions, which are challenging for AI to replicate. Human intuition, empathy, emotional intelligence, and adaptability play significant roles in office environments that AI lacks.

2. Creativity and Innovation: AI is not yet capable of true creativity and original thought. While AI can assist in generating ideas, it still heavily relies on human input and training data. Humans are essential for driving innovation and thinking outside the box.

3. Ethical and Moral Considerations: AI systems lack the ability to make moral judgments and may not always act in ways that align with human values. Certain office tasks, especially those involving ethical dilemmas and social interactions, require human judgment and compassion.

4. Flexibility and Adaptability: AI is designed to perform specific tasks for which it is programmed or trained. Humans, on the other hand, can adapt to new situations and acquire new skills, making them more versatile in office settings.

5. Customer Service and Human Interaction: In roles involving customer service and direct human interaction, AI may complement humans but not replace them entirely. Customers often prefer interacting with other humans for complex issues and emotional support.
    Instead of replacing humans, the future of work is more likely to involve collaboration between humans and AI. As AI technology continues to evolve, it will likely become a valuable tool that helps humans to be more efficient and productive in their roles. Humans will still be responsible for decision-making, strategic thinking, creative tasks, and providing the empathy and understanding that only humans can offer.

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

AI is not going to replace humans, but your department of 20 people can now be streamlined to 1 person who knows their way around AI prompts.

6. emmett kelly

agreed. and it annoys me that my robot buddy's last update is 2021. maybe i need to upgrade. using free service currently.