Commodity ETF Question

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by Gazoo, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Gazoo

Gazoo New Member

I recently bought a coffee ETF (JVA). I've already made a little money from it. But the ETF has no website or online representation at all.

How normal is this?

Gazoo

2. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I don't think JVA is an ETF.

JO (which is an ETN) is the only coffee-related exchange traded vehicle I'm aware of.

Gazoo likes this.
  3. Gazoo

Gazoo New Member

You are correct. It is a company that represents a group of coffee sellers and roaster. Making me even more curious as to why they are so cagey about investment relations information!

Thanks,

4. Three Eyes

5. Gazoo

Gazoo New Member

Thanks again,

I found that page and I also found their SEC filing data under the Ameritrade "Summarry page". But their is no answer when I dialed the phone number listed.The "investor link page" says essentially nothing about this organization and while they have another link entitled "Press Releases". they have not issued a single press release, ever.

It may not be an ETF but like a commodity ETF you can buy JVA at its 52 week low, wait six month to a year and sell it at a 25% gain. this is the second time I'm buying this stock. I expect it to start falling again in the next month. When it reaches its 52 week low we can start al over...

6. Three Eyes

Gosh, I was thinking as I clicked through their corporate governance links that they had a pretty decent investor relations web site. Granted, most of it is available from other sources, but I wouldn't characterize their effort as obfuscation.

https://coffeeholding.com/corporate/press-releases/

7. Gazoo

Gazoo New Member

Okay, fair enough but this company claims to be a holding company. I don't se any information on the companies that are being held by JVA.