CPNG - Coupang, Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by T0rm3nted, Mar 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Coupang, Inc. owns and operates in e-commerce business through its mobile applications and Internet websites primarily in South Korea. It sells various products and services in the categories of home goods and decor products, apparel, beauty products, fresh food and groceries, sporting goods, electronics, and everyday consumables, as well as travel, and restaurant order and delivery services. The company was founded in 2010 and is based in Seoul, South Korea.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

3. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

I'm not in. BUT will be watching.

MR. Dave has a position and was on the introduction thread, asked you to start one and point him here.

Longterm I feel it has potential, but I tend to wait this out and see how the dust settles.

Dave Kraayeveld likes this.
  4. Dave Kraayeveld

Dave Kraayeveld Active Member

Thank you Rustic, your dust comment reminds me of an old story . The old man needs help tying his shoes when it comes to website. I will put you in for a boy scout badge. Much appreciated,

5. Rustic1

I prefer bozo buttons, I was on the show many a time back in the days. :cool2:

Please share your knowledge with this investment for everyone. It hit the gate running.

Although we have different styles, this FORUM has a strong history of helping everyone.
    Just as its original version, HOTSTOCKMARKET.

I was a member there many moons ago.
    Rumor has it the creator became addicted to DUCATI bikes and blew his fortune on coke n hookers. :rofl: :D

Brendan Cowie likes this.
  6. Dave Kraayeveld

My knowledge on this investment is this. In 1999 Jeff Bezos questioned why anyone would invest in his company because his business model was so bad. His mom probably said "You are going to make your fortune selling used books? You know they have libraries right." My knowledge is secondary to any reason to invest. Shakespeare once said "Me thinketh.......". What I know is CPNG travels the road of e-commerce which appears to at least temporarily be the NEXT BIG THING. Why do people use the Amazon's of the world? What I also know is other investors need good principles otherwise purchases are made based on feelings and perceptions. Vague answer because you better not do something because someone else did. CPNG is an inviting option. Time will tell. On a personal note I joined forces with Vladimir Putin and became a part owner of OZON recently. So for anybody reading this, the question should be, "WHY DOES ANYBODY HIT THE BUY BUTTON?". I also want people to tell me why I shouldn't have bought. Their reasons would be placed next to my principles and I immediately have an opinion of their opinion. That reeks of a politicians answer. Which means to some it will make no common cents.

Brendan Cowie and Rustic1 like this.
  7. Rustic1

BGP Borders Group " long extinct now" simply laughed and called him crazy. History proves otherwise.

I'm a firm believer in the modern World and the new technology.

8. Dave Kraayeveld

At my age technology is only a word I can spell. I just got a deal on a yellow pad of paper and a box of Dixon Ticonderoga's. # 2's I might add.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  9. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I'm using white paper but prefer the yellow. As for pencils I've always been a fan of the Japanese Pentax mechanicals, however I now have a decent stock of Staedtler essentials, #2 HBs. I think most engineers if they were honest would confess they have a small baggie of Pentax parts, just in case.

10. Onepoint272

Some words from Richard Wyckoff, circa 1934 or probably earlier:

JUDGING THE MARKET BY ITS OWN ACTION
    The business of Wall Street is to finance corporations and to sell the
    securities — stocks and bonds — which result from this financing. Some securities
    are good; others not so good. Those who manufacture and sell them to the
    public know their value best. The public has comparatively little idea of their
    real value, except seasoned securities — those which have been on the market
    for a long time and which, therefore, have established earning power and intrinsic
    value.
    In every case the banker who does the financing and the dealers who help
    him distribute, have paid for their securities either in cash or in services, or
    underwritten them. The object is to market these stocks and bonds at as high
    prices as possible. This marketing is done through distributing houses and syndicates,
    by private sale, by public offering, and by means of listing on the stock
    exchanges.
    In the latter case, the stock is advertised by making it active on the tape.
    If the price be advanced, and the transactions made large, the activity attracts
    buyers, and those who are handling the stock are thus able to dispose of their
    shares.
    Sponsorship is continued after the market is thus made for a company’s
    shares. The bankers operate for themselves, or others operate for them. After a
    stock is floated, its sponsors try to create a stable market and support the price
    as well as they can without taking back too much stock. When it is thoroughly
    distributed and enough people are interested in the stock to make a market which
    takes care of itself, under ordinary conditions, the original banker, syndicate or
    sponsor may discontinue operations and turn attention to some other which
    affords a new opportunity for money-making.

Other interests may begin operations in that stock. Generally speaking,
    there are usually one or more sponsors or large operators working in every
    stock. Sometimes there are many. These interests see opportunities for profit,
    accumulate a line, mark up the price when conditions are favorable, and then
    sell out. Or they may sell short, depress the price and cover.
    No one can deny that in Wall Street the, big fish eat the little ones.
    Large operators could not operate successfully without the large number of
    people making up the public; that is, if there were only ten big interests in the
    market and no public, these ten could only make a profit by dealing with each
    other. It would be difficult for one crowd to deceive any of the nine others. But
    when the public enters the stock market, the large operator's game becomes
    easier for him.

#10 Onepoint272, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  11. Onepoint272

As for CPNG, it is not clear yet if "...enough people are interested in the stock to make a market which takes care of itself..."

Wyckoff continues:

Tape Reading and Chart Reading, enable one to detect and profit by
    these inside operations or manipulation; to judge the future course of stocks,
    by weighing the relation of supply and demand. This sometimes can be done
    from price movement alone, but if you consider also the volume of the
    transactions you gain an additional and vitally important helpful factor.
    By accurately judging this supply and demand, you are able to decide
    the trend of the whole market and of certain stocks; also which stocks to buy
    or sell, and, what is even more important, when to do so.
    You always aim to select the most promising opportunities; that is, the
    stocks which are likely to move soonest, fastest and farthest. You make no
    commitments without sound reasons, and you avoid undue risks.
    Whenever you study the tape or a chart, consider what you see there
    as an expression of the forces that lift and depress prices. Study your charts
    not with an eye to comparing the shapes of the formations, but from the
    viewpoint of the behavior of the stock; the motives of those who are dominant
    in it; and the successes and failures of the buyers and sellers as they struggle
    for mastery on every move.
    The struggle is continuous. The tape shows all this in detail. The charts
    enable you to pick the market apart and study whatever portion or phase of it
    you choose.
    Supply and demand may be studied on the tape of the stock ticker, and
    to even better advantage from charts.
    The tape is like a moving picture film. Every minute of the day it is
    demonstrating whether supply or demand is the greater. Prices are constantly
    showing strength or weakness: strength when buyers predominate and
    weakness when the offerings overpower the buyers. All the various phases
    from dullness to activity; from strength to weakness; from depression to
    boom, and from the top of the market down to the bottom — all these are
    faithfully recorded on the tape. All these movements, small or great,
    demonstrate the workings of the law of supply and demand. By transferring to
    the charts portions of what appears on the tape, for study and forecasting
    purposes, one is more readily enabled to make deductions with accuracy.
    And now that you are undertaking to learn this Method it is best that
    you prepare your mind for it by discarding most of the factors that you have
    heretofore employed in forming your judgment and making your decisions,
    such as: tips, rumors, news items, newspaper and magazine articles, analyses,
    reports, dividend rates, politics and fundamental statistics; and especially the
    half-baked trading theories which are expounded in boardrooms and popular
    books on the stock market.
    It is not necessary for you to consider any of these factors because the
    effect of all of them is boiled down for you on the tape. Thus the tape does for
    you what you are unable to do for yourself: it concentrates all these elements
    (that other people use as a basis for their stock market actions) into the combined
    effect of their buying and selling. You draw from the tape or from your
    charts the comparatively few facts which you require for your purpose. These
    facts are: (l) price movement, (2) volume, or the intensity of the trading, (3)
    the relationships between price movement and volume and (4) the time required
    for all the movements to run their respective courses.
    You are thus far better equipped than the man who is supplied with all
    the financial news, statistics, etc. from the whole world.
    I, therefore, claim that:
    You need never read anything on the financial page of your newspaper
    except the table of stock prices and volumes.
    You need pay no attention to the news, earnings, dividend rates or
    statements of corporations.
    You need never study the financial or the business situation.
    You need not understand railroad or industrial statistics, the money
    market, the crop situation, the bank statements, foreign trade or the political
    situation.
    You can absolutely ignore all the thousands of tips, rumors, reports and
    especially the so-called inside information that flood Wall Street.
    You can discard all of these completely and finally.
    UNLESS YOU DO THIS YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO GET THE BEST RESULTS
    FROM YOUR MARKET OPERATIONS.

12. Dave Kraayeveld

Last Wednesday I had never heard of Mr. Wycoff. Looks like he had a following. His advice seems to insinuate something that insinuates if you disagree............... Is he revered because his system is so good? As I read the above article he says something contrary to what my dad taught me. The context in terms of success in my opinion is what did you do with what you were given. My dad ran around on Wall Street from 1953 till 2000. He was one of those fancy executives with the 3 letter alphabet title for a company founded in 1823. They continue to exist. To be in charge of finances you better first be able to reckon a balance sheet. His goals were to run a company wisely using what he was taught in Europe from 1938-1944. One time I asked him "What is the most important factor in deciding a stock to buy"? Contrary to Mr. Wycoff, with all due respect to his legacy, my father with the cool 3 letter's after his name was in a position of authority and would have respectfully disagreed with Mr. Wycoff. Doesn't make my dad right or wrong or Wycoff right or wrong. When your position is to make a company profitable my dad held his own. His answer to me was "earnings per share" that alone has no context. But when you can read a balance sheet you can judge what makes a good purchase to an investor/trader. So people can follow Mr. Wycoff's position and make money. I choose to follow my dad's advice and get good results. Mr. Wycoff was wrong on one thing. NO ONE GETS THE BEST RESULTS. Thanks for reading and if you like Wycoff please follow his philosophy.

Syynik likes this.
  13. Onepoint272

^ Okay, I will.

You were around I'm sure when the Hunt brothers cornered the silver market, absorbed the supply, causing prices to mark up. It's the same with stonks, happens all the time, always has, always will. Supply versus demand. Econ 101.

I came over to this thread because I was under the impression you were wanting to hear my take on this stonk that has been trading for all of 3 days.
    ^ Hmm, you were asking, but no, I'm done. I've seen this line of conversation before. I've seen the on-ramp to this road a few times already and I know where it leads. Good luck with your trade.

#13 Onepoint272, Mar 16, 2021
    Rustic1 likes this.
  14. Rustic1

Still watching this in its infancy stage.
    I like to see who invested in the creation and how they moved after it went public.

At this point I dont see anything to jump for joy, still on watch to see how it matures.
    Time will tell.

15. Dave Kraayeveld

I want to hear people's take. I have been asking my best friend from college for decades what he thinks about my decisions. Your comment allowed me to learn a new term "stonk".You and others have brought in a name Wycoff which I had never heard of. Research told me he was around when Gerald Loeb was walking Wall Street. My thought about Wycoff who had and has a following was, did he interact with Joseph Kennedy. About the Hunt brothers what was sad was that it involved a government bailout. I'm sorry my words caused you to end the conversation. Your answer seemed to lie in that you were a follower of Wycoff's principles. You right it has only been trading 3 days but has been around 10 years. I am completely confused about your comment about you've seen this before. I asked the same question of people about OZON a Russian company when it went on the NASDAQ in November. You like me have positions in companies. If you told me one stock you bought, my opinion would not make it a good or bad decision. Asking why people would or wouldn't buy is an honest question. Not knowing exactly what you mean by stonk. If it means a bad decision like the internet says then my purchase of Microsoft in the late 90's was my greatest personal stonk. I bought at 97 and sold at 29. I too wish you the best and again I am sorry my words caused you to delete my number,

16. Onepoint272

Nothing personal, it's just that we are a million miles apart with our approaches, e.g., you look at the balance sheets and other financials, and I care nothing about it, in fact I avoid them as they:
    1. could cloud my judgement on the market action
    2. are a rear-mirror view
    3. are related to the stock price only by some obscure and fanciful algorithm
    And besides, its evident you don't really care to know and I don't have time for it.

#16 Onepoint272, Mar 16, 2021
  17. Rustic1

Seems to be burning the new off and losing momentum. Personally, I seldom jump in a company fresh of the press. In the next quarter or two we can get a small glimpse of sentiment and maybe someone will search and find quite a few shares will be unlocked in the near future. Depending on how many decide to sell, ultimately it can dillute the structure with negative effects.

Always pays to do some research before jumping in.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  18. Onepoint272

Yep, it is not ready yet, bearish until proven otherwise. If it can catch a bounce here then demand will still need to prove itself.

30-minute bars after 4 trading days:
    upload_2021-3-16_19-57-5.png

#18 Onepoint272, Mar 16, 2021
    T0rm3nted and Rustic1 like this.
  19. Dave Kraayeveld

Rustic1 likes this.
  20. Dave Kraayeveld

Mr Rustic, here you go. To me CPNG is a cousin of OZON. I got the offer from Putin in early Novemeber to be a part owner. In early December TD Amritrade showed 1.7 institutions owning OZON. Today 19.25. Somebody is purchasing. So tell me your last purchase. Hopefully I am not offending you. I haven't worked for 2 years and enjoy someone with a different opinion. In your opinion what is the difference between OZON and CPNG?