Cyprium Mining (CUG.V) – Starts Production at High Grade Potosi Silver Mine

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by Auri, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

2. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

REPORTS WEIGHTED AVERAGE ASSAYS OF 246 g/t SILVER AT POTOSI MINE

Cyprium Mining Corp. (CUG.V) released assay results from underground samples taken at the Potosi Mine in Mexico.

The sampling was part of company’s continuing exploration program of the Potosi silver mine located in the historic Santa Eulalia mining district in Mexico.

Sampling consisted of 10 samples from level 9 and 15 samples from level 10.

The 10 samples obtained from level 9 gave a weighted average of 246 grams per tonne silver, 4.3 per cent lead and 4.3 per cent zinc over an average sample width of 1.12 metres.

The 15 samples obtained from level 10 yielded 78 g/t Ag, 3.3 per cent Pb and 4.1 per cent Zn over an average sample width of 1.16 m.

The Santa Eulalia mining district

Santa Eulalia is a world-class polymetallic mining district located in the central part of the state of Chihuahua, Mexico, approximately 22 kilometres east of the city of Chihuahua.

Mineralization in the area was originally discovered during the Spanish colonial period in the 1500s and recorded production has occurred over more than 300 years. Santa Eulalia ranks as one of Mexico's primary silver- and base-metal-producing districts with nearly 450 million ounces of silver and substantial amounts of lead and zinc mined.

The nature of the deposit in the Santa Eulalia district is a carbonate replacement deposit and is the historically largest of its type in Mexico. Mineralization occurs in an area about 10 km in length and five km in width.

Production and reserves for the district have been estimated to be about 50 million tonnes with grades of 125 to 350 g/t Ag, 2 to 8 per cent Pb and 3 to 12 per cent Zn, along with appreciable quantities of tin and vanadium.

The Santa Eulalia district covers approximately 48 square kilometres and is divided into three areas, the West camp, the Central camp and the East camp. The West camp has produced most of the minerals from the district. The Potosi silver mine is located in the West camp.

www.cypriummining.com

3. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member