Dope Wars

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by TomB16, Jan 25, 2020.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else play dope wars? I play it on my phone, when I'm waiting for my wife to do some shopping. Suffice to say, I play a lot of dope wars.

Playing it does demonstrate some patterns that I feel transfer very, very loosely to stocks.

2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Ok. I'm the only one.

My high scores were all set using a simple strategy of: do whatever you need to gain scale to trade heroin and cocaine and then just trade those. I don't see any other way to top $50M. When games start going bad, I just ditch.

I put some time into analyzing price fluctuations and created some numbers for beta, value, etc.

Using something similar to my investing approach, I have been able to consistently achieve 8 to 12 million over 30 days.

Jacking the time to 60 days, the best strategy I have found is to trade with my modified value strategy and put money in the bank asap for the 10% gains.

This isn't exactly a market primer but it does give some insight into scale and a lot of insight into valuations.

I'm not sure I learned anything tangible from it, other than I'm a bad mamma-jamma who dusts cops because they have it coming.