Downloading a file of stock ratings

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by projecttoday, Sep 2, 2018.

1. projecttoday

projecttoday New Member

What stock-oriented website or service offers daily downloads of stock ratings? Like I can go to barchart.com and enter a stock symbol and it says "SB" (strong buy), "B" (buy), "WB" (weak buy), etc. but I don't want to enter each and every stock. I want a file listing many stocks. CSV or spreadsheet or even just a computer-readable file. Who offers this and for how much? (The aforementioned barchart is free but no file that I can see.) I realize there are different approaches to calculating these ratings but what's available to download?

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

For one (not only one) Try https://www.zacks.com/ Limited data for free registration and better data for premium members.

3. projecttoday

projecttoday New Member

I went to zacks and clicked on Stocks and then Stock Screener and I do see a list of choices that you can export to Excel. This must be what you are referring to. And yes, this is the type of thing that I'm looking for. Thank you. The actual ratings are a premium feature. They're offering a 30-day free trial. It doesn't say how much it costs after the trial. Would you know?

Any other suggestions, jump in.