Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

February 2019 Community Stock Picking Challenge

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

just in case some people fail to see this thread and don't submit their picks via the google form like in post #1, i'll just copy over members picks from our regular feb. monthly picks thread to here. but of course would prefer if everyone would use the google form to make my job a little easier haha.

2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

boom! just hit 10 members on the r/stockmarket reddit community. :cool:

still needing 2 more on the discord community. but it's looking pretty promising thus far. :D

we'll see how this looks by tomorrow's open. hoping we'll get 10 here on the stockaholics side as well. :p

[​IMG]

3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just giving this a quick bump in case anyone has missed seeing this thread!

4. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Looking over the spreadsheet, there's some interesting picks in the different communities.

5. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Darn, it looks like at least 5 participants did not submit picks via the Google Form for Stockaholics, and even if I copy over members picks from the regular monthly picking thread, we still fall short by 1 participant.

What ima do here is just copy over @Ken34's weekly picks from this week over to this community comp, unless someone can post 2 picks in here before today's market open, then I would just add those in instead.

I'd hate to have to cut the participation down to 9 for our other communities since we did actually manage to get to the 10 members on our other 2 communities.

6. bigbear0083

Staff Member

BTW, it looks like unfortunately there were seeing some duplicate picks (at least 1 for each the r/StockMarket and the Discord community) dang it! I was hoping this first ever run of this communtiy challenge would go off smoothly lol. Not sure what to do about that... Do I just let those picks stand?

Like for example, 2 members picked TSLA - Long on the r/StockMarket community, while 2 members picked CRON - Long on the Discord community.

Kind of a dilemma.

And, since these picks were submitted via Google Form, it's actually a little difficult to ask members to change their picks.

Probably too late anyway as well.

Worst case is I just let those picks stand. Would hate to have to take 'em out.

I'll have to manage this a little better if I attempt to run this again in the future.

Since this is my first ever run, I guess I'd let this one go...

Sorry about that!

7. bigbear0083

Staff Member

^^ To make matters worse, it looks like some people did not read the contest rules over on the Discord community, as I see some people picked 3x levered etfs. :confused:

Decisions, decisions ... what to do about this.

Thoughts?

Do I still just let this all of this stand given that this is our first ever trial run of the community challenge?

And, it's most likely too late to ask people to change picks at this time.

Hmm...

8. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

If someone pick 3xlevered, you just take that pick and divide by 3 to make it fair ...

9. bigbear0083

Staff Member

I just posted this in the Discord server. We'll see if these guys can change their picks before today's open.

Otherwise, I think I'll just remove the picks from the spreadsheet. That seems to be the most easiest and fair thing to do to be honest.

[​IMG]

10. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Also, I did get more than 10 members posting picks over on the r/StockMarket community. I am strongly mulling over removing the member who made the duplicate pick (TSLA - long) with another member, so that there isn't 2 picks of the same in their team spreadsheet.

11. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

Look great ... except 3x picks ... Thanks CY, should be fun this month

12. bigbear0083

Staff Member

And we're off!

So just a quick heads up here. I went ahead and replaced one of the members on the r/StockMarket community who duplicated a members pick (tsla - long) and put in an another members picks in place of him. So, we're all good on the r/StockMarket side of things. :)

Over on the Discord community, I managed to get one member to switch a pick that was being duplicated (cron - long) and he switched it up with cgc - long. So, we're good there.

However, as you will notice when you view the spreadsheet, the 3x picks are still up. I think am going to take those 2 picks off the Discord community sheet, but first I think I'll mull it over this weekend and see what the ultimate outcome will be. For now, I'm keeping them on.

Anyway, here's a quick view of the main leaderboard sheet.

The r/StockMarket community off to the early lead.

BTW fellas, the link for the spreadsheet is on the first post of this thread in case y'all were looking around for it.

Aside from those 3x picks, it's looking pretty good so far.

[​IMG]

13. bigbear0083

Staff Member

After Day/Week #1 it's the r/StockMarket community with the early lead in this monthly community challenge thus far!

[​IMG]

And here are the top 11 picks from the r/StockMarket community members after Friday's (2/1) close-

[​IMG]

14. bigbear0083

Staff Member

After Week #2 it is still the r/StockMarket community holding onto the lead thus far!

[​IMG]

And here are the top 12 picks from the r/StockMarket community members after today's (Friday 2.8.19) close-

[​IMG]

15. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just a quick heads up to all!

I'm not 100% sure how accurate the data is on the sheets today, so while I am updating these here it's very possible that what you're seeing is incorrect.

I don't have an awful lot of free time to check on these.

I'm just posting these in here and then off I go for the weekend.

Please check these in your spare time and if you guys find any errors please report them in here.

For the record, this is not coming from my end but rather from Google Finance's end. They are having serious data issues of late... :confused:

Very unfortunate, and this could result in major issues for us potentially going forward running these competitions...

Hopefully this will get resolved soon!

16. bigbear0083

Staff Member

After Week #3 the r/StockMarket community still holding onto the lead thus far with just 2 weeks left to play!

[​IMG] <-- click there to view the full contest spreadsheet!

[​IMG]

And here are the top 12 picks from the r/StockMarket community members after today's (Friday 2.15.19) close-

[​IMG]

17. bigbear0083

Staff Member

After Week #4 the Stockaholics community has taken the lead with just one week left to play!

[​IMG] <-- click there to view the full contest spreadsheet!

[​IMG]

18. bigbear0083

Staff Member

C'mon Stockaholics we got this! :p

[​IMG]

Lico Inv and Three Eyes like this.
  19. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

@bigbear0083 Nice ROKU call!
    I just barely missed getting in on those Options last week.

bigbear0083 likes this.
  20. bigbear0083

Staff Member

whelp, today is the final trading day for the community challenge.

it's looking like the r/stockmarket community will take this one :p

[​IMG]