GARP Investing

Discussion in 'Investing' started by robertbanking, Jul 15, 2024.

1. robertbanking

robertbanking New Member

Hello you very intelligent and wonderful people that make up this forum. I truly hope things are going well for you.

I recently have been looking into the concept of GARP investing (Growth At A Reasonable Price). The GARP strategy considers growth rates between 10% and 20% ideal. Factors such as the last five year EPS & projected 3-5 year EPS growth rates between 10% and 20% are one of the criteria. I please kindly wondered if anyone knows of a screener that can be used for GARP investing please? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me.

Further what other criteria could be assessed please looking for strong growth stocks before you go into reading the company's Annual Reports for instance please? Could you look at the ROE (in the past 12 months) is there anything else that would be considered important please? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this it would be highly appreciated and i would be forever thankful.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you continue to have a wonderful and amazing life. I wish you all the very best with your investing. With my every best wishes.

2. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

I'm not familiar with GARP investing as such, but growth stocks can be good investments, while growth that is too fast or poorly managed can result in short term explosions in revenue and stock price, sometimes followed by collapse and bankruptcy. Growth must be well managed and controlled - in a wildly overused word: sustainable.