GOOS - Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, Mar 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Founded in a small warehouse in Toronto, Canada 60 years ago, Canada Goose has grown into a global outerwear brand. Canada Goose is a designer, manufacturer, distributor and retailer of premium outerwear for men, women and children. The Company's jackets are sold in 36 countries around the world, including in two owned retail stores and four e-commerce stores.

[​IMG]

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

IPO today, +30% move.

These are pretty hardcore jackets, if you live in Canada, you probably have one!

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This is what I call a break out!

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

There's a gap to fill here down to $46, or it could bounce and head back up to resistance at ATH's

upload_2018-6-25_22-19-55.png

Stockaholic likes this.
  5. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Downgraded by an analyst today, down -7.2%. Could be beginning of a steep decline.
    [​IMG]

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. SensibleInvesting

With US unemployment numbers at historical lows and great job numbers, growth stocks are set to outperform again in 2020. My pick is Canada Goose - great China exposure, geographically diverse revenues, increasing brand awareness, and a generally well run company:

7. joseki

joseki New Member

Agreed. Peta picked a futile target imo. I have not seen Canada Goose behave anyway improperly with animals. They use goose feathers, which is no less cruel or incorrect as Moncler and other fashion brands nor simple duvet companies.

The way they trap coyotes is as humane as possible. What they are NOT doing is skin minks alive like you see in China. Also coyotes are a culling necessity in Canada plus one coyote supplies multiple coats because GOOS only use the hood linings. Hence this is not an engregious case of animal rights and is not some murderous animal abuse, nor is it unsustainable or a wasteful approach.u PETA just wants to shock and awe with its pictures, it's purile BS to try and brand assasinate. I used to respect them for what they did, now I realize actually how uneducated they actually are.

#7 joseki, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019