Grin and Bear it

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Tiptopptrader, May 14, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Yesterday and I went to visit a friend and when I went to leave truck wouldn't start. Looking under the hood the the battery terminals and posts were corroded so I cleaned them...Still no start

I then called road side service for a jump and was informed they would have to charge me as I had not payed my bill. After 40 minutes on the phone they finally confirmed the bill was paid and they would send someone out.

After waiting an hour the roadside guy called me that he would be late as there was an emergency put ahead of my call.

He finally shows up and gives me jump but the battery was toast. So with that I go to Sears as it was still under warranty. Another 1 1/2 hours and I got my replacement battery.

I actually thought I handled the situation well and it was definitely a grin and bear it scenario

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Lucky it was just a battery and not something major.

Why was the battery dead though?

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

My guess, foreign car :eek:

4. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

No real reason on the battery going bad. It was the Sears Gold but I was informed I was sold the wrong one 22 months ago but the guy said it should have been ok.
    No it is a Toyota Tacoma truck. It has been a great truck but my next one will probably be a Ford F150

5. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

:eek:wow TT with all that profit surely you can afford a new battery :D:D
    lucky you a Ford F150
    mine is this upload_2016-5-15_9-10-37.jpeg next I hope to buy a fourth wheel :(:(

OldFart likes this.