Guys behind ZeroHedge revealed!

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by StockJock-e, Apr 30, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Those of you old school members will remember how hot of a blog ZH was back in 2009, they have managed remained anonymous for years while they take shots at the establishment.

They really nailed good points back when the market was crashing, but as the market recovered, they kept preaching doomsday which has yet to happen.

What are your thoughts on ZH these days?

Sounds like they made a shit ton of money from that site!

Unmasking the Men Behind Zero Hedge, Wall Street's Renegade Blog

The veil is lifted on a secretive website.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...behind-zero-hedge-wall-street-s-renegade-blog

[​IMG]

First of all, Im really interested in hearing at the guys behind it are revealed, I always thought of them as being totally underground, never to be found because of some of the shit they say.

Colin Lokey, also known as "Tyler Durden," is breaking the first rule of Fight Club: You do not talk about Fight Club. He’s also breaking the second rule of Fight Club. (See the first rule.)

After more than a year writing for the financial website Zero Hedge under the nom de doom of the cult classic’s anarchic hero, Lokey’s going public. In doing so, he’s answering a question that has bedeviled Wall Street since the site sprang up seven years ago: Just who is Tyler Durden, anyway?

The answer, it turns out, is three people. Following an acrimonious departure this month, in which two-thirds of the trio traded allegations of hypocrisy and mental instability, Lokey, 32, decided to unmask himself and his fellow Durdens.

Lokey said the other two men are Daniel Ivandjiiski, 37, the Bulgarian-born former analyst long reputed to be behind the site, and Tim Backshall, 45, a well-known credit derivatives strategist. (Bloomberg LP competes with Zero Hedge in providing financial news and information.)

It looks like Tyler Durden here got into a disagreement with the other owners: “I can’t be a 24-hour cheerleader for Hezbollah, Moscow, Tehran, Beijing, and Trump anymore. It’ s wrong. Period. I know it gets you views now, but it will kill your brand over the long run,” Lokey texted Ivandjiiski. “This isn’t a revolution. It’s a joke.”

And damn!!!! ---> A former “director of contributor success” at website Seeking Alpha, Lokey said he joined Zero Hedge for $6,000 a month and received an annual bonus of $50,000, earning more than $100,000 last year. His salary helped pay the rent on a “very nice” condominium on South Carolina’s Hilton Head Island, he said. Despite the compensation, he contends that he left because he disagreed with the site's editorial vision. “Reality checks are great. But Zero Hedge ceased to serve that public service years ago,” Lokey wrote. “They care what generates page views. Clicks. Money.”

I cant blame them for writing any shit that gets clicks, I know I constantly go read their stuff about the coming collapse that is going to happen any day now! lol

FTA - He pointed to the wealth of the Durdens as a factor. Ivandjiiski has a multimillion-dollar mansion in Mahwah, N.J., and Backshall lives in a plush San Francisco suburb—not exactly reflections of Pitt's anticapitalist icon. “What you are reading at Zero Hedge is nonsense. And you shouldn’t support it,” Lokey wrote in an e-mail. “Two guys who live a lifestyle you only dream of are pretending to speak for you.”

Full article here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...behind-zero-hedge-wall-street-s-renegade-blog

2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Gil I thought you weren't going to post my picture :D

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I know its not your best angle there, but I think you look very handsome!

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  4. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

It's hilarious that Lokey's biggest complaint with them is that they're not really Tyler Durden. Moping that one lives in a mansion and another lives in a SF suburb.

He specifically makes reference to the movie, but wonder if he actually read the book.

Not sure if he should be commended for his adherence to fantasy, though considering it's Zero Hedge.

#4 anotherdevilsadvocate, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

They just were not Durdenish enough!