Happy Friday every one

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bigwin1234, Feb 10, 2017.

1. bigwin1234

bigwin1234 New Member

Hello every one,

My name is bill. mid thirties, heavy worker. i spent two years trading on a demo account using realistic dollar amounts. I did ok not perfect. I went live with 1200, and have literally cut it in have. I did not put it all in one place. About the only thing keep me afloat is the move i hope comes thru next week.

I am happy married to both my job and entry level trading. I

I am here looking for a mentor in trading stocks between 8.50 and 12.00, i know on a six hundred dollar budget that equals a slow long return. But all the penny guys got me, I should have read the sign please deposit 3,500 right here before you realize what a ump and dump it,

After that short period in life i took up long term investing, and did ok. i turned 800 into 1200, but it did take close to three years to do it.

So now i am hear after starting in 2005, with 600 left, That i will add to weekly, So i should be at 1000 shortly,.

My name is bigwin1234, Big because i am, win because i can learn, 1234 cause i am ready and now understanding what it takes not to be a 5th time downer.

OK that's it and thank you all in advance for any help advise or info i may get
    bigwin1234

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

You should not be limiting yourself by price range.

A good stock is a good stock, regardless of price.

More accurately, its market cap you should be looking at.

You could have a $8 stock with a $100,000 market cap, or you could have $8 stock that has a $1B market cap.

The fact that they both trade at $8 should never be a factor in your decision making.

I guess this falls into the category of "What is market cap", which is a great way to start learning more!

Here is a good video lesson:

http://stockaholics.net/threads/what-it-means-to-buy-a-companys-stock.406/

3. bigwin1234

bigwin1234 New Member

Thank you

StockJock-e likes this.
  4. bigwin1234

bigwin1234 New Member

I am long in sprint, But i am hoping this week will be the week that the short covers. Puts me in a spot to sell, Which will be any spot over 9.30. Is this an unrealistic,? I am starting to think so because the daily short percentage is dropping, more so now that either Monday or Tuesday the shorts went from 8.33 ish down to 8.14. My question.....Can the shorts covering honestly push it over 9.50 three times in a row?

(side note), the broker i use it is 8.95 on both sides of the trade, It was not worth it at the time to sell. When it shorted this prior week, I added enough shores to my position to cover cost with a small profit.