Hello all. Help with stock types

Discussion in 'Investing' started by ZombieTrader, Feb 3, 2021.

1. ZombieTrader

ZombieTrader New Member

Hi all,
    I’m new to share investing. Old time bricks and mortar type. So I’m trying to be slow and steady and just use pocket change until I understand this crazy world you all seem to live in. Old dog trying to learn.
    I’m looking on my trading platform to buy normal shares in a company. (Churchill capital iv)
    I seem to have two choices
    CCIV Ord.
    And
    CCIV Unit.
    Can anybody tell me the difference between the two and which one corresponds to the ticker I see on my iPhone apple stock app.
    Thank you for your time.
    TZT

2. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

When some companies go public, they issue a unit which is comprised of common stock and one or more warrants. Here are the details for CCIV:

> NEW YORK, July 30, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Churchill Capital Corp IV (the "Company") announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 180,000,000 units at $10.00 per unit. The units will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange (the "NYSE") under the symbol "CCIV.U" commencing on July 30, 2020. Each unit consists of one share of the Company's Class A common stock and one-fifth of one warrant, each whole warrant entitling the holder thereof to purchase one share of the Company's Class A common stock at an exercise price of $11.50 per share. Once the securities constituting the units begin separate trading, we expect that the Class A common stock and warrants will be listed on the NYSE under the symbols "CCIV" and "CCIV WS," respectively.