Hello Folks...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Praveen Rattan, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Praveen Rattan

Praveen Rattan New Member

Howdy folks I'm trying this investing thing for the first time. Hoping to learn a few things and maybe make a pretty penny while at it. I've saved up around 20k. Have no idea where to start. Please help!

Thanks in advance

TomB16, OldFart and T0rm3nted like this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums! Your best bet would be to start by reading about money management. The most important thing to learn is how to control your money.

You'll then probably want to start paper trading. When paper trading, make sure to trade the same size positions that you will trade when you jump in with your real money. It will help prepare you for how much money you can make/lose so you'll already understand what to expect.

Good luck, and make sure to ask questions and post your thoughts along the way! That way we can all learn together and help guide you on your journey.

TomB16 and Praveen Rattan like this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Hello, Praveen.

I'm also new here but not new to investing. I've taken the liberty of writing what I believe to be a reasonable approach to bootstrapping an investment program. You will find it in the investment forum.

Admins: If I have overstepped the limits of a newbie poster, please remove my post from the investing forum and accept my apology.

Also, some really great advice from T0rm3nted.

Welcome to the site and best wishes with your financial health.

- Tom

#3 TomB16, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Praveen Rattan likes this.