Hello from United Physicists!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by United Physicists, Jan 20, 2018.

1. United Physicists

United Physicists New Member

Hey all, this seems like a really interesting and informative forum. For my investments I am a bit heavy in the tech sector along with aerospace and defense. I am hoping to join this community and learn!

Thanks!

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy, ask questions and contribute where you can.

United Physicists likes this.
  3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

4. United Physicists

Thank you! I'm excited to exchange ideas within this community.

5. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

A big welcome to Stockaholics from me as well @United Physicists!

Great to have you here. I hope to see you actively posting on the forums, asking questions and learning.

Also, as I'm always curious to hear how our new arrivals are finding this board, how did you find us here? Was it through a Google search, Reddit, or some other source?

Anyway, I hope the best of luck to you and your trading endeavors!

6. United Physicists

Ah, I had a friend suggest another forum (Stocktwits) and when I searched for it on google this forum also came up. I browsed the page for a bit and like what I saw, so I signed up.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums, hope to see you around!

8. BermudianOption

BermudianOption Well-Known Member

Welcome. I also am trying stocktwits for the first time myself. Since I only check it after hours, it doesn't seem to active but I'm guessing there is more people speaking during trading hours.

I prefer the threaded conversation of Stockaholics more because it is more in-depth and interesting.

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Must be looking at the wrong stocks. StockTwits is very talkative from what I've seen, although to be fair I rarely look at it, and when I do it's something that I'm HEAVILY invested in like AMD, which is obviously one of the most popular stocks out there right now.

I hate StockTwits though because it usually comes across like a bunch of teenagers with their only $100 to their name on Robinhood spamming "TO THE MOON" or something like that. Very little value posted on that site, in my opinion. I prefer this type of dialogue on this site, just wish it was more active so there were a lot of good ideas bouncing around instead of just a few.

We're getting there though.

10. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

^^ I 100% agree w/ @T0rm3nted there regarding Stocktwits. I've all but discontinued frequenting Stocktwits for anything but the morning most "trending" tickers for my pre-market threads. I hope no one actually uses Stocktwits to make trades or whatever based on what people say there. Obviously you do your own DD! But, I've honestly found Stocktwits to be infested with (and pardon my language here) bullshit. So much misleading information being posted on there most times . I'm sure there are some legit people on there, but it's pretty far and few between unfortunately. All I ever see are posts like "TO DA MOON", "BUY BUY BUY". It's pretty flipping nauseating to be quite frank. :rolleyes: I honestly treat Stocktwits as another iHub. Sorry and I hope I'm not insulting anyone here who actually uses Stocktwits a lot. But, I'm just sayin' it like I see it. Just being 100% truthful is all. Just my 2c anyway.

Yeah, I much prefer the setup we have here at Stockaholics. You get conversations with REAL people/traders who you can bounce ideas off of. Unlike the phonies at Stocktwits who have couch money invested in the market. :)

T0rm3nted likes this.
  11. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

12. United Physicists

Thank you!

OldFart likes this.